November 5, 2012

Weekend Update . . .

Today I am taking part in the Weekend Update Blog Hop with Dana, Leeann and Sami for the first time!

Friday night I ate leftover Halloween candy and watched episodes from the 1st season of Revenge on Netflix with my sister and Graycie. (I have seen them all but my sister hadn't . . . as much as I LOVE Revenge I may haven fallen asleep on her. . . whoops) At least I fell asleep before I could eat any more candy . . .

I spent most of the day on Saturday catching up on shows that I had pvr'd during the week. I normally have at least two weeknight meetings so I never get to watch my favourite shows (Arrow, Chicago Fire, Nashville, Grey's Anatomy, Vampire Diaries) when they 1st air so I have to play catch up on the weekend. The only shows that I get to watch are Revenge (my hands down favourite show) and Once Upon A Time when they 1st air since they air on Sunday nights. Wild horses couldn't drag me away from my tv on Sunday nights

At 8:00 pm we sat down to watch the last regular season game for the Riders. It was the.most.boring.game.EVER. AND we lost :( BUT in our defense we left behind a bunch of our good players since the results of the game didn't affect the playoffs. I also invented a delicious new drink to enjoy during the game. I had been dreaming of Vodka Cranberries all day (my guilty pleasure) but when it was time to watch the game I realized I was all out of Vodka (how does that happen?!) I did  have a little bit of Malibu Coconut Rum leftover from the Summer so I worked with what I had. There was a recipe on the back of the bottle that combined a shot of Malibu and orange juice, and cranberry juice. I never would have thought to add cranberry juice to Malibu but decided to try it out anyways. I didn't have any orange juice so I substituted the orange juice with Diet 7-Up... and the results were heavenly! It will be one of my go-to drinks from now on

On Sunday I woke up when my alarm went off at 8 am (if I don't set an alarm on weekends I will NEVER get out of bed). Saskatchewan doesn't do time change, so imagine my surprise when I go upstairs to get coffee later in the morning and see that is in fact 11:40 not 10:40 like I had thought.  For some reason my Iphone decided to participate in time change and I actually woke up at 9:00 am not 8:00 am (good thing it wasn't a weekday!). It may have only been an hour but it really messed with the flow of my day

In the afternoon my Mom asked me to help her get a Pinterest account. When I was setting it up this is exactly what she asked me 'Do you have to have THE Facebook to get Pinterest?'. I can't even make this stuff up . . .

Then the best thing ever happened: Someone called about buying my car, Gretchen. I bought a new vehicle, Eleanor the Equinox, last October and had been half ass trying to sell Gretchen ever since. After a million phone calls back and forth with the potential buyer he let me know that he would be coming THAT DAY to pick the car up. They drove 2 hours (mostly in the dark) and by 7:00 last night my car was sold and I had a shit ton of cash in my hands

Selling Gretchen was a HUGE weight off of my shoulders since I bought Eleanor a year ago and have been making payments on BOTH vehicles. The $ I made off Gretchen will go towards paying what is left on my car loan, a large chunk towards my savings and the rest towards my trip to MEXICO (only 47 days away, but who's counting?)

I really needed this low key weekend because from now on ALL of my weekends are booked up until after Christmas . . .  I had to enjoy the calm while I could

 
8500 smackaroos... Too bad I have to be responsible . . . A trip to Vegas is much needed . . .
I'm gonna miss my baby :(

2 comments:

  1. I think I am the only person who hasn't seen Revenge. I will see if I can catch up online. And congrats on selling your car... Spend that money, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was rolling about your mom's comment about THE FB... That is sooo my mom also! She thinks the world revolves around FB and all things are linked to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com