December 14, 2012

Freaking the EFF out. . .


I am running on a total of 3 hours of sleep. . .

I've drank so much coffee today I made my co-worker concerned. . .

I went to bed at 12:15 and was up at 3:15 to continue wrapping presents packing and organizing.

I leave TOMORROW for 7 glorious days in Mexico. . .

Sounds great, right?

So why the eff am I freaking out?!?!

I have been feeling so anxious today. . .  I keep worrying that I don't have all my work stuff done,  that I forgot to wrap a Christmas present, that my Mom and Sister will forget to put Candy Cane (aka Elf on the Shelf) out while I'm gone, or that I'm forgetting to pack something super important.

I've went on many, many trips before and never felt this much anxiety. . . I think it must have to do with Christmas. Christmas is my absolute favourite holiday. . . the music, the lights, the decorations . . . just all of it. I can't get enough of Christmas. But this year is so different. I have never traveled around Christmas before and now I know why! The Christmas season is already busy enough without taking 7 days off from the whole thing.

We don't get back until the 23rd and I keep worrying that something is going to go wrong weather wise and we are going to get storm stayed somewhere and I will miss Christmas with my family. So please send positive thoughts my way on December 23rd to make sure I make it home in time for Christmas!!

And of course because I just love Christmas THAT MUCH I leave you with some Christmas questions:


Tis the season for traditions!

Have you started your Christmas shopping?


Had to! I have no other opportunity to as of today. I do have a few stocking stuffers left to grab on Christmas Eve so hopefully everyone else will have their shopping all finished and the stores will be mellow (cross your fingers and toes)

Do you travel at Christmas or stay home?
Christmas has always been spent in O-Town. The majority of both my parents families live in the small town I grew up in so we get to have big family get togethers without having to travel

What is your funniest Christmas memory?
I can't remember how old I was but my Grandpa Ken told us all that Santa fell off his roof and died. Of course at that time we were so upset but looking back now I can't help but laugh - it was such a Grandpa Ken thing to do

What is your favourite Christmas movie of all time?

I can't pick just one - it is a tie between Love, Actually and Home Alone. I could watch both of them over and over and over again and never get tired of them. I watch them all year round just to get myself excited for Christmas (I'm a total freak for Christmas)

Do you do your own Christmas baking? What's your favourite treat?
Of course I do my own baking. I spent 13 hours in the kitchen on Monday slaving away to get my Christmas baking done before I left on holidays. I make a variety of things but my favourite is Caramel Popcorn and Pecan Squares. MMMmmm

Fake or Real Tree
Gotta be a fake tree! I can't stand the smell of real trees AND I am a perfectionist and would never be happy with the look of a real tree

Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?
This year will be the first time ever (and I will only be doing my last minute stocking stuffers). I LOVE wrapping so I usually wrap as soon as I can. If I am wrapping on Christmas Eve it is because I volunteer myself to finish up (or start!) my Mom or Sisters wrapping

What is your favourite family fun time at Christmas?
Games! My family loves playing games and we usually have a family game night every few months. At Christmas when the WHOLE family is together we play all kinds of games. . . My mom's side of the family plays beer pong and flip cup at weddings and funerals so Christmas is no exception. . .  I can't wait!

Christmas music, yes or no? And if yes what is your favourite song?
I listen to Christmas music all year round. Not all the time or anything but whenever I`m in the mood. I`m into the celebrity covers of Christmas songs but I also love `Rockin`Around the Christmas Tree` by Brenda Lee . . . I think its a Home Alone thing . . .

Now I`m feeling so much worse about leaving at this time of year :(

HOWEVER, I think I`ll change my tune tomorrow when I am on a beach with a drink in my hand. . .  :)

I`ve scheduled some posts for next week so hopefully they work out but if not I`ll be back in action on Christmas EVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com