December 27, 2012

I'm baaaaack. . .

 
I'm baaaaaack bitches! . . .  half assed  back anyways. . . still not entirely back into a routine yet and not quite certain all of the alcohol I consumed has left my body yet  but I am back. . .
 
Mexico was AMAZING!
 
We stayed at Las Brisas in Ixtapa . . . GORGEOUS hotel
I couldn't have asked for a better vacation
 
I promise I will post more details later but like I said I'm not fully functional yet so some pictures of the trip will have to do for now . . .
 
 One of many margaritas . . . until I ordered one for breakfast (no judging! Its Mexico people. 5 o'clock somewhere) and it tasted like ass straight tequila and ocean water. After that I decided to stay off them for awhile

 Joce, Me & the Twin right after the wedding ceremony . . . I don't think I have ever been that hot in my entire life . . . it felt like we were sitting on the sun . . . too bad its "frowned upon" to wear bathing suits to a wedding . . . Whatever
 
The 90+ guests that made the trek to help Taigan & Courtney celebrate their big day. Lets play a game called "Where's K?" . . . I am in there somewhere, I promise
 
Wedding reception. . . . Stay tuned for a seperate post about the wedding that included the most heartfelt 1st dance, a performance of T-Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together', beer pong, dancing in fountains, and even beer bongs. Us Saskatchewan folk keep it classy . . .
 
We ended up eating at this reservation only restaurant twice . . . It had the most beautiful ocean view and the food was to die for. . .
 
  Sunset view
 
 Our 'date night' at Las Brisas II
 
 We took an excursion to Ixtapa Island and went snorkeling . . . I have a phobia of fish touching me but it was still awesome to experience . . .  

 And of course a trip to Mexico wouldn't be complete without a stop at Senor Frogs for souvenir cups and Blue Tequila shots being poured down your throat without your permission!. Again, a story for another post
 
 It was SO hard to say goodbye to this beautiful view from our room. . .
 
And then this is what I came home to:
 
 
WHOMP WHOMP
 
It was -30 and snowing the day we arrived in the Queen City . . . and we still had a 2 1/2 hour drive home to O-town on shitty highways . . . then there was an accident on said shitty highway which re-routed us down completely covered backroads . . .
 
But we did make it home in time for Christmas :)
 

Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and got to spend it with loved ones! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com