December 6, 2012

Meet Candy Cane & A Recipe Link-Up . . .

 
Meet Candy Cane - our Elf On The Shelf. I finally got to introduce her to the girls last night. She was hiding with some furry friends waiting for the girls to notice her. Rae noticed the candy canes she was holding first and didn't even realize she was there - but when I finally pointed her out her eyes lit up
 
The girls with the book just after we read it. I wasn't sure if Graycie was old enough to understand what it meant but she walked up to the Elf and wagged her finger at it saying 'don't touch!' so she at least got that out of it!
 
I'm still trying to decide what idea to use to hide the Elf tonight - there are so many good ones its hard to pick!
 
Seriously, how cute are they?!?!
 
And finally I am participating in a Recipe Link-Up  by Lora at Raising Steppe Sisters 
 
These are my version of 'Volcano Nachos'
 
If you were looking for some super healthy meal you're about to be disappointed
BUT if you are looking for something to serve during a football game or any kind of sport-y gathering then you have came to the right place!
 
I 1st tried 'Volcano Nachos' at Margaritaville in Vegas in April of this year. They were like a little bit of heaven in my mouth and I dreamt about them for weeks afterwards because I'm an idiot and accept stupid bets and challenges from my brother *.
 
Since I knew I wouldn't be going back to Vegas anytime soon (insert sad face here) I decided to make my own version. They may not be as  good as Margaritaville's but they will do until I can make it back there!
 
Recipe:
 
Make a simple pot of chili. I use:
 
1 lb lean ground beef
1 can beans w/ tomato sauce
1 can tomato sauce
Diced onion
Chili pepper to taste
 
Line some parchment paper on a cookie sheet and add your favourite
tortilla chips. When the chili has finished simmering add as much as you
would like to the  top of the chips. Finish topping it off with some grated
cheddar cheese (as much or little as you like). Throw in the oven at 350 F for
 about 10 minutes  (not to  long or  the chips will get soggy but enough to melt
the cheese). Add shredded  lettuce  and tomatoes (I omit the tomatoes because I
HATE them) and serve with sour cream and salsa.
 
They also taste AMAZEBALLS with some fresh guacamole
 
My mouth is watering as I look at this


Just don't expect to still step on the scale the next day and see the same number . . .

* The day after we got home from Vegas my brother and I made a bet that we could go a month without eating meat. We lasted two weeks (whomp whomp). People were begging us to start eating meating again because they couldn't stand how grouchy we were :S. The first thing we ate when we called the bet off : Volcano Nachos :)
 

4 comments:

  1. Girls are so cute - and those sound AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao! I love that people were begging you and your brother to eat meat! Also, you have ADORABLE neices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, those look delicious! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com