January 16, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday. . .


It's that time again :

button

As of Monday (my WW weigh in day - I once again forgot to step on the scale before I ate breakfast this am) I was down another 2 lbs, for a total of 6 lbs lost

BUT I am kinda afraid for next Monday, because I haven't worked out since Sunday :(

I am super sick with what I'm assuming is Strep Throat (get it every couple of months, without fail). I've been in bed by 8:00 the last two nights with a major sinus headache and by that time of the night my throat is hurting so bad all I want to do is sleep so I can't feel the pain anymore - which means no working out at night like I had been doing for the last two weeks 

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow (finallly!) so hopefully I can get filled full of some good meds and get back to Ripped in 30 ASAP

I've still been tracking with WW and being very conscious of what I am eating. I haven't ate chips or had a drop of alcohol since New Years Eve! (For me that is a HUGE achievement). I normally have at least a couple of drinks on the weekends and chips have ALWAYS been my weakness

But not anymore!

I'm not saying I'm not going to have those weak moments where I fall back into a bad habit but I am not going to revert back to my old ways

I want to see those numbers on the scale go down, and not up

I've realized that I have to commit fully to a lifestyle change  - I can't just expect to work my ass off for the next few months to get to where I want to be and then just go back to my old ways and still see the same number on the scale

My Nalgene bottle is my favourite for at work. I normally drink a lot of water throughout the day, and with being sick I've been drinking even more than usual. I make sure to drink a full  bottle between 8-12 and then another full bottle between 12 and 5. Of course, this means I have to pee every 5 seconds. The upside:   the staff  washroom is in the basement so I am also getting some exercise in  from  constantly going up and down                                              the stairs ;)


I LOVE fruit, just hate how expensive it can be
When I was younger I wouldn't eat fruit if I were on a deserted island and it was the only thing that would keep me alive - and now, I can't get enough of it

My go to snack lately:
Cucumber and vinegar with a sprinkle of salt
Sooo delicious and definitely better for my ass than a bag of chips!


7 comments:

  1. Can't believe you eat cucumbers with vinegar and salt. I thought I was the only person I knew who liked that (i add pepper to mine though)! Good luck on your journey! I'm right here with you, making those same life changes. I'm also glad I'm not the only one who's struggling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! I'm sure you will be fine as long as you stay away from the chips! ;) Good luck on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cucumbers look delicious! Congrats on the weight loss! I gained two pounds sadly. Next week hopefully will be better. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I NEED to try those cucumbers!

    And hey, props on having a great week for eating! It sounds like you're really killing it! I hope your strep clears up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon! Cucumbers look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that cucumber snack sounds great! thanks for the idea :) and I hope you feel better soon!!

    xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

    {PS - I'm giving away a fitness notebook & would love for you to win!}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the loss! I love cucumbers with salt but I've never had them vinegar. I might need to give that a try.

    www.cupcakesandcarrots.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com