January 23, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday...


button

This girl still hasn't worked out in a week and a half :( First I was dying of Strep Throat and the thought of walking up stairs almost killed me, let alone having Jillian kick my ass for a half hour. THEN the medication for my Strep Throat that was supposed to make me feel a million times better made me feel a million times worse. Sure, my throat is feeling better but the medication has made me feel like I've had the flu for almost a week. And I still have four more days of it...

For the past week when I've gotten home from work I have just been eating a quick supper and then heading straight to bed. Last night I stayed up until 9:00 and I thought I was going to die. I haven't drank coffee in THREE DAYS (that's a BIG deal for me) because it doesn't agree with the medication either. So I have been a lethargic hot mess constantly trying to catch up on missed sleep. It aint working. The extra sleep I am trying to get in and the constant flu feeling is the reason I have been missing workouts. This morning I vowed that I would have a date with Jillian tonight come hell or high water. Even if I have to prop my eyes open with toothpicks I will get a workout in. No more 'reason's or 'excuses'

With all that being said I did weigh myself this morning (whooo for remembering!) and I have lost another 1.5 lbs. I wasn't expecting to see this since I haven't worked out in so long AND I ate out twice this week. I went for supper with friends on Monday night and for lunch yesterday with family that was in 'the city'. I very rarely eat out (at the most two times a month) so I wasn't expecting to see a loss this week at all - But I'm definitely not complaining!


9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss. I didn't even get on today. I need to MAKE myself. I hate the scale with a passion. Ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great job on the loss! I do think that getting enough sleep can help with weight-loss. At the very least, it makes you less prone to snacking! That's where I'm failing--I get the workouts in, but I'm averaging 5.5 hours of sleep each day. No bueno! Thank goodness for coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the loss. Hope you feel better soon!

    - Hilary
    www.cupcakesandcarrots.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always expect to see a huge loss on the scale after being sick!!! I think it makes up for not being to work out....don't push yourself to hard, be kind to yourself, and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heyyyy there.. New follower from Raising Stepsisters. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the loss despite not working out. I've been in the same boat this week, these winter colds/sicknesses are no bueno!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com