February 7, 2013

Nominated...



I was nominated for two Liebster Awards this week by  Lisa at Simple Kind of Wonderful and Stephanie at The Not So Secret Lemne Life

I'm waiting for Kanye to storm into my office and tell me someone else deserved it more...


The rules of the Liebster Award:

The nominee must list 11 facts about themselves
The nominee must answer the 11 questions the nominator asked
The nominee must nominate 11 other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers

Here we go!

11 facts about myself:
  1. I HATE my teeth but I refused to get braces when I was younger. Now I'm going to have to spend a fortune to get them straight
  2. Up until 2 years ago I HATED onions. My mom used to make me seperate meals with no onions in them (She's pretty much Super Mom). Now I LOVE them and eat them in almost anything
  3. I have a girl crush on Kate Beckinsale and Megan Fox
  4. I ate mushrooms (the food, not the drug!) for the first time when I was in PA at the age of 25. I didn't even mind them... until... I got drunk that same night and felt like a bag of smashed assholes the next day... I still blame the mushrooms...
  5. My cousin and I once wrote Nick Carter's name on my sisters derriere and I took a picture of it (Hi Kirstin!). I used it as blackmail for years until my sister made me a trade for the picture
  6. I prefer Christina over Britney
  7. In Grade 6 our teacher made us write on a piece of paper what our future occupations would be. I wrote professional gymnast or figure skater... I had never taken a single figure skating or gymastics lesson... Like I've said, I like to dream big
  8. I had a Nano Pet when I was in elementary school and I would make my Mom take care of it while I was at school (She truly is Super Mom)
  9. I 'Googled' my name a few weeks ago and the only image that showed up (that was relevant) was a picture of my Sister. WTF?
  10. When I was younger I wanted to be a teacher (after I realized I wasn't going to be a figure skater or a gymnast, obvi) but instead I became an Early Childhood Educator because I didn't want to spend two more years at College...
  11. I'm already counting down the days til' Christmas
This was super hard - I think I used up most of my 'facts' for 'The Facts of Me' link up a few weeks ago (find mine here)

  1. What is your dream vacation? I don't have a specific dream vacation since I travel fairly often anyways but a dream vacation for me would just be a vacation with my WHOLE family. We haven't had a family vacation in over 11 years!
  2. What is your biggest pet peeve? I have sooo many pet peeves but bad/slow drivers is probably the biggest right now since I spend so much time driving
  3. Looking ahead, what is your five year plan? I try not to think to much about the future or else my anxiety goes through the roof. Five years ago when I graduated from College I never would have imagined my life being the way it is now but I have definitely had some awesome moments in the last 5 years so I'm just going to leave some things up to fate :)
  4. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why? Hmmmmm.... I'm going to go with Beyonce so I could get some fitness tips. She looked FIERCE at the Superbowl!
  5. What makes you feel like a kid again? Camping in the summer months. We used to spend all summer long in our 5th wheel 
  6. What is your favourite movie? This is such a tough question - but I'll say Home Alone... I'm a sucker for Christmas movies
  7. What is your jam? I'm a big country music fan and right now I'm obsessed with four songs: Redneck Crazy-Tyler Farr, Better Dig Two-The Band Perry, Mama's Broken Heart-Miranda Lambert, and Two Black Cadillacs-Carrie Underwood
  8. What's your current ringtone? Marimba... (had to look that up)... I don't spend money on ringtones 
  9. What inspired you to start your blog? I used to have a blog many, many moons ago that I started when I first moved away for College. It got neglected for a long, long time. Then I found Mama Laughlin's site on Pinterest which lead to finding a bunch of other great blogs. I read them all and got inspired to start blogging again AND get fit
  10. What is your favourite memory? I have a lot of good memories so I can't pick a favourite one 
  11. Who is your celebrity free pass? If I were in a relationship my celebrity free pass would be Taylor Kitsch... followed by Stephen Amell... Both super dreamy Canadians.... *Sigh*
  1. Why did you start blogging? Kinda already answered this in question # 9 above. The reason I originally started blogging back in 2006 with my first blog was to keep in touch with my family and friends when I moved to another province 6 hours away. My best friend at the time had just had a baby and my sister was pregnant with my niece, Rae,  so we all started blogs to keep in contact and updated about our lives. A few other friends blogged during that time too. Eventually we all ended up back together so the reason for blogging wasn't there anymore and we all stopped doing it
  2. Describe yourself in 5 words - Responsible, Dreamer, Creative, Honest, and Original :)
  3. How much time do you spend a day and/or week blogging? I try really, really hard ( I promise!) to blog at least 3 times a week. Sometimes it ends up being less because I feel like my life has been so boring lately that no one wants to read about it. When I do post though I probably spend at least an hour on each post if not more (This one has probably taken me 3 hours!)
  4. What's your favourite healthy recipe? It's not a recipe but my favourite healthy snack is sliced cucumber with some vinegar and a sprinkle of salt.... Mmmmm
  5. What's your favourite kind of ice cream? When I was a kid I was obsessed with Rainbow ice cream (I'm pretty sure that wasn't the real name of it) but I can never find it anymore. Now my favourite is Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
  6. What is your all time favourite work out song? Bleed It Out- Linkin Park. It gets me to dig deep during the last part of a workout when all I want to do is quit
  7. What was your worst job ever? I was a housekeeper at a hotel for about 3 weeks after I graduated High School. Cleaning up after other people (especially the gross rig pigs that stayed there) was disgusting! I applaud anyone who can clean up after complete strangers. It wasn't the job for me that's for sure
  8. Name one thing you could never forgive someone for.  I could NEVER forgive a partner in a relationship for cheating. Like, ever
  9. Who is your favourite actor/actress? Actress- Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Emma Stone Actor- Seth Rogen
  10. If you could have any superhero power what would it be? Invisibility. I would love to be a fly on the wall sometimes...
  11. What is the nicest thing you have ever done for someone? Its probably not the nicest thing I have ever done but its what is sticking out to me right now. Last year I hired an employee to work at the daycare. She was in her early twenties and new to Canada from the Ukraine. Her english was okay but not the best. In her interview she had to spend a lot of time thinking about her answers before she could relay them in english. She really, really wanted to work with kids. She was working at a grocery store at the time but wanted a job that she was passionate about. I gave her the job, even though I was wary about her ability to speak english, because she seemed so passionate and finding that passion in people is really hard! When I called to let her know she got the position she thanked me over and over again for giving her the opportunity to do what she loved. She worked at the centre for about 8 months before her Husband was laid off from his job and they had to move to a bigger city. On one of her last days of work before she moved she came into my office to thank me again for giving her the chance to work at the centre and she told me that it was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for her. (And it broke my heart to think that that was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for her)
11 questions for my nominees:
  1. If the story of your life was being made into a movie who would you want to play you?
  2. What's your favourite alcoholic beverage?
  3. What is your favourite online shopping website?
  4. What is one beauty product you can't live without?
  5. What is your favourite season?
  6. If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose, and why?
  7. Coke or Pepsi?
  8. If you could only eat one meal everyday for the rest of your life what would it be?
  9. What's your biggest fear?
  10. What movie makes you cry?
  11. If you could live in the home of any television series, which would it be?
And the nominees are:

Jessica at Wonder What's Next
Mandy at Mama Shapes Up
Rebecca and Amanda at Beast Mode To Milf Status
Samantha at In Bloom

Nominees make sure to leave me a comment with the link to your answers!


3 comments:

  1. I think I love you! I have a major girl crush on Kate Beckinsale and Tyler Farr is one of my favorites! Thanks for letting me get to know you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for anwsering! :)
    i love me some Megan Fox too! especially in the Transformer movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun getting to "know" you more! That was a great story about hiring that girl who needed a job!

    Stephanie @ Lemnelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com