August 2, 2013

Cheers to the Freakin (long) Weekend...


It's a loooong weekend here in Canadaland. Which is super awesome but... last year for the long weekend I was leaving on a jet plane, Pennsylvania/NYC bound,  sooooo this year I am probably just going to spend my weekend crying into my glass of wine and commiserating the fact that I'm not in NYC 

So for today I am linking up for Five on Friday to talk about 5 things I LOVED about NYC


ONE

There was a Starbucks on every corner. This girl LOVES Starbucks and doesn't get it nearly enough so I was in coffee heaven. And those Starbucks had WiFi so we could update FB, IG, and Twitter and make everyone back home jealous that we were in the BEST CITY ON EARTH! 

TWO


I got to experience NYC with one of my oldest friends (since Grade 2) -  nothing tops that!

The ONLY picture we got of the two of us together in NYC. We didn't trust people not to take off with our phones so that meant no pictures together :(

THREE

I saw Chicago on Broadway. And it was AMAZING. And when I go back I will go see it again. It was that good people! 

FOUR


I got to experience things that, growing up in a small town, I would have never dreamed could be possible. The Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, 9/11 Memorial, Times Square, Central Park, etc. So many people from the tiny town I grew up in have never even left the country, let alone experienced NYC

FIVE


The busyness of city life. Even when I went to College in a city I didn't get to experience true city life - I was a broke college student after all. But while in NYC I got a taste of city life and absolutely LOVED it. It really is the city that never sleeps and that just made me fall even more in love with it. We were there during the week and watching the people on the streets hustle off to their jobs just made me want to head home to pack up all my things and move to NYC. I honestly can't even describe to people how much I loved it. I can tell you that I fell in love with a city and won't be happy until I'm living there. It's as simple as that. NYC stole my heart and one day I will make it back there

So many people think I'm crazy to want to live in NYC. And maybe once I've done it I'll realize that it isn't the place for me and I'll end up leaving for somewhere else. But at least I'll have been able to say I followed my dream

dream higher than the sky life quotes positive quotes photography ocean clouds rocks dream life quote inspirational inspirational quotes positive quote dream quotes

And of course I can't forget about Whitney and #backthatazzup Friday. And to fit in with my NYC theme I give you this:

Empire State of Mind (feat. Alicia Keys) by Jay-Z on Grooveshark

 photo signature-21.png

3 comments:

  1. I felt exactly the same as you did before moving here! And although after two years I have come to learn that it isn't a forever city, living here was one of the best decisions I ever made.

    The pace of this crazy place is amazing, it will chew you up and spit you out but it is an amazing ride.

    :)

    dordyline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!!! I am glad you had fun. I am dying to go to NYC so this just makes me even more excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh sorry you won't be there! that is always hard, but at least you have a long weekend! I am definitely jealous of that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com