October 16, 2013

Fall Friend Swap...


Last November Kassie hosted a Blogger Swag Swap. I was new to blogging but I LOVE giving gifts so I was excited to join. Looking back I am SO glad that I signed up because I was paired with Kate and if you've been around these parts before you know that Kate and I were able to meet up this Summer (my first ever blate!) while I was in the Twin Cities for the Colour Run. If it hadn't been for the Swag Swap I don't know if I ever would have stumbled on Kate's blog, so I am thankful for the pairing!

So when I saw that Alicia, along with Jodi and Britney, were hosting a Fall Friend Swap I knew I wanted to join and was hoping for a blogger whom I hadn't been introduced to yet so I could find a new blog to read and get to know the person behind the blog. And I was paired up with Valerie from Fabulous Chick Gets Fit. (How had I not found her blog before?!) I've been 'stalking' Valerie's blog  to get ideas for the swap and found that we are alike in many ways:

13 is her favourite number. I have the number 13 permanently tattooed on my body. Fate

She loves Scandal. I LOVE Scandal (But really, who doesn't?!)

She's doing Soberoctober. I'm doing Soberoctober.  Ok, so here's the thing. I was going to do Soberoctober until I remembered that Thanksgiving is in October. And that I was going to a Rider game in October. And that Halloween is in October. BUT it's the thought that counts, right?

She loves steak.  I love steak. If steak didn't exist I would have made it more than 2 weeks as a vegetarian...

She doesn't like her food to touch. I DON'T LIKE MY FOOD TO TOUCH (reference yesterdays post where it looked like I ate Thanksgiving supper at a soup kitchen...)

She loves NYC. I LOVE NYC. I see a trip to NYC together in our future. (Too soon?)

She's an event planner. I'm the Director of an early learning centre... But my dream job is to be an event planner 

And finally...

She has 1800+ IG followers. I have 1800+ 119 IG followers. Whomp Whomppp. Ok, so that's where our comparison ends.(But seriously, are you some kind of celebrity?!)

I can't wait to get the package ready and sent off to Valerie! Make sure to check back on October 28th to see the reveal of the swap packages!


 photo signature-21.png

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you hot chicks found each other.....I love Valerie... She's my spunky wife!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love reading blog swaps so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com