November 15, 2013

Twin Cities Take Two Recap (Part 2)...

As promised, here's Day 3 and Day 4 of our Twin Cities trip (Side note: my posts aren't normally so word-y and in depth with the details but I wanted to write everything so I wouldn't forget the girls first 'big' trip). Moving on...

We were up early once again on Sunday morning so we could catch the first shuttle to the MOA to make the most of our last full day there. Toni and the girls planned to make their first stop at the American Girl store and since there was a Starbucks right across, I headed right over. (I'm barely awake until my 3rd cup of coffee...). The American Girl store ended up not opening until 11, whereas most stores opened at 10, so we were off to entertain the girls for an hour until they could go to American Girl

We went to a few stores (couldn't miss out on Lululemon!) and then went to the Disney store, for I swear the 5th time in two days. (The girls had birthday money to burn after all). After browsing there it was finally time for the girls to get their American Girl dolls.They already have an American Girl baby at home so they wanted the large dolls. Rae got a Saige doll and Graycie got a Caroline. I even got a couple items crossed off my list for Christmas gifts while we were there. I couldn't help but laugh at the girls as we walked around afterwards - their bags with the dolls were as big as they were!

Finally it was lunchtime, which meant time for CHIPOTLE. Which, if you're new around here, was also my first ever Chipotle experience (but definitely not my last!). I was worried that it wouldn't live up to all the (blogging) hype (especially after Kym posted about trying it and not being impressed).   BUT I am happy to say that it was AMAZING.  I never would've thought that I would like Mexican food (I used to be such a picky eater) but after eating at La Salsa Cantina in Vegas a few times I have discovered my love for Mexican food. The only bad thing is that now I am craving a burrito bowl like you wouldn't believe!  I'm already planning my next trip around where there is a Chipotle nearby... 


After lunch we headed back to a few stores, then decided it was time for swimming.  The girls were NOT leaving MN until they got to swim. (I swear they are part fish with how much they love the water). We  had planned to go to the Water Park of America but the prices are insane and we wouldn't be there long enough to make it worthwhile. Instead, we headed back to the hotel and swam in the hotels pool for over an hour. The girls were fine with swimming there and didn't even know what they were missing out on 

After swimming we changed quick to head back to the MOA to get the rest of our shopping done. The stores at the mall close at 7:00 so we made sure to hit up anywhere we had missed since we had to head out early the next morning and wouldn't get another chance. After finishing up with shopping we went for supper at Tony Roma's. The girls were exhausted after two long days at the mall and Rae even ended up falling asleep at supper!

We only had 10 minutes between leaving Tony Roma's and needing to catch our shuttle (or else we would have to wait another hour at the mall with nothing to do since everything was closed).  But, since we're brilliant, we decided that we just had to have some movie theatre popcorn for a snack at the hotel (never mind that we had JUST finished eating...). The kicker? The theatre was on the 4th floor of the mall and our shuttle was 4 floors down and across the mall.  People must have thought we were completely insane as we raced through the mall with a HUGE bucket of popcorn. (Run Run Rudolph was TOTALLY playing in my head as we did). And after rushing through the mall with a huge ass bucket of popcorn we ended up waiting 5 minutes in the parking garage for our shuttle... 

Monday morning was a sad morning - leaving a vacation is always hard. We packed up, grabbed breakfast at the hotel, then started our journey back home. We stopped in Albertville at the Premium Outlets to check out a few stores, but most importantly, to get our frozen yogurt from TCBY. After our little snack it was back on the road

We stopped in Fargo at Target - we needed to grab a few things and were worried we wouldn't make it in time in Minot. Then we grabbed a quick supper and were back on the road. I bought Home Alone 2 in Target for $5 (even though I already own it...) so we could watch it on the way back. Rae had a little birthday money left and she picked out a couple of American Girl movies to watch too. The girls watched movies the rest of the way and were content

The rest of the drive was uneventful. We tried our hardest to make it home so we would make our border crossing but we were about a half hour to late once we reached Minot, so we had to go the looong way around to the 24 hr crossing in Portal. We finally pulled into my parents driveway just before midnight and getting up at 5:00 the next morning was HARD. But for a super quick trip we packed so many things in and I think the girls were super happy with everything they got to do. I'm already planning our next trip!


The middle left picture is of me and Rae just after hearing that our beloved Riders WON the western semi-final game. Which meant I didn't miss the last game of the season. Hallelujah!

I crossed 6 of the 10 things from this post off my list for the trip. We never did make it to Benihana's because our days were so jam packed. Next time, I swear! I didn't get to get my hair done either at the Blow Dry Bar :( Just wasn't enough time on Saturday and then on Sunday we planned on swimming so that would've been pointless. Again, next time for sure! And Ikea and the Twin City Grill weren't crossed off either. But that just means another trip to the Twin Cities is in my future!

 photo signature-21.png

1 comment:

  1. SO glad you loved Chipotle, that was my biggest concern!! ;) And I love the girls with their American Doll bags haha, such cute pictures. I remember getting my doll and being so obsessed, I still have all my stuff!! Now, I need to plan a trip here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com