December 31, 2013

2013 A Year In Review...

2013 was one clusterfuck of a year. I don't even know where to begin with writing about all the ups and downs of this year. I'm not superstitious about the number 13 - I have it tattooed on my body after all - and yet I just felt like there was something about 2013 that just wasn't right. I honestly thought 2013 would be MY year, but, alas, that was not the case. When I do look back on 2013 it seems as if it were a great year. I spent a lot of time catching up with friends, I switched jobs and stopped commuting 1 1/2 hours to work everyday. I traveled (though not like I'm used to). I just can't put my finger on what it is about 2013 that has left me feeling bereft

I thought I'd be happier living and working back in O-town. I never fooled myself into thinking this is where I want to spend the rest of my life but it seemed like a better option than to keep commuting to work. And yet somehow I've been feeling like my life is stuck in a major rut. I'm hoping that 2014 has some clarity for me, but for now lets just take a walk down memory lane....
 JANUARY

I decided that for once I wasn't going to make any New Years resolutions since I never follow through with them anyway. I started my fitness journey and took steps to create a better ME. I was still commuting to work and spent more time checking weather apps and road conditions than I care to remember

FEBRUARY

With February being a short month I always feel like it just flies by. My brother and SIL both turned 22 and us siblings booked another trip to Vegas to help combat the Winter blues that always set in when Winter is a season for 6 months of the year

MARCH

I vlogged for the first time ever (and went completely outside of my comfort zone!). I enjoyed a weekend in the 'Queen City' for an impromptu stagette for a friend from 'the city'.  My Mama Bear turned 50 and Toni and I gave her 50 Gifts For Her 50th Birthday. I pinned this idea on Pinterest and have gotten more hits on this blog from Pinterest than anywhere else!

APRIL

 My  siblings and I took another siblings trip to Vegas (which apparently, looking back, I never recapped. (#whooops).  I officially hit the 20 lbs lost mark. After over 4 years of work in 'the city' I handed in my resignation to start a new journey in O-town, to run the Centre I'd invested so much time and effort into developing.  I celebrated a friends wedding in Winnipeg, MB and got to experience wedding traditions from a different culture. I also celebrated my Granny's 73rd birthday with a supper at my parents house with over 40 family members. And, sadly, at the end of April my family's hearts were broken when we lost our Tuffer

MAY

I started my new job in my hometown - and was even able to work from home for awhileI spent Mothers Day weekend in Minot with my Mama Bear and 'Auntie' Jen. My Papa Bear turned 50 and, again, Toni and I gifted him 50 Gifts For His 50th Birthday. I attended Rae's dance recital in 'the city' and got my 9th tattoo. I completed 'Operation Red Bikini' and went completely out of my comfort zone (again) by posting a picture of myself in a bathing suit

JUNE

I FINALLY (half-assed) recapped my August 2012 trip to NYC - the trip where I fell in LOVE with the city.  I wrote a letter to myself at 21. I raised funds and rode the Bike Bike for the Heart and Stroke Foundation with Toni and Kels with their place of work. My families hearts were left broken again when, after a short battle with cancer, my Granny was reunited with my Grandpa

JULY

I road tripped to the 'Twin Cities' with my sister and the 'Twin' for the first time and we  also ran our first ever 5K. I turned 25 again 26 and celebrated my birthday by getting a memorial tattoo for my Grandma - which was also my 10th tattoo. I spent  hours in the car with one of my high school bff's road tripping to AB to my College BFF's wedding. I wrote a fun little post which has been one of my favourites to date. I reunited with the Cameron clan at Jeremy and Fun Brittany's wedding and had the hangover from hell to remind me why we only get together every so often! HA

AUGUST

I had surgery to remove my tonsils and adenoids. I then spent the rest of August recovering from this major surgery, missing out on half of Summer :(

SEPTEMBER

Rae and Graycie turned 7 and 3  respectively and we celebrated with a joint birthday party. After having not ran since July I ran my second 5k,  'Run the Ox', a run in my hometown, with my sister and cousin

OCTOBER

I found out that I am allergic to the outdoors. I spent a weekend in the city that rhymes with fun to watch my beloved Riders in action. I posted about my insane love for Halloween and also came up with the best Halloween costumes ever. I wrote another of my favourite posts, linking up with The Daily Tay about my 'somedays'

NOVEMBER

I road tripped back to the 'Twin Cities' this time with two kids in tow, for the girls birthdays.  I tried Chipotle for the first time and finally felt like a real blogger (kidddding). I spent a stress free weekend in Bismarck with a friend from 'the city' and headed home just in time to watch the RIDERS WIN THE GREY CUP!

DECEMBER

I set some goals for myself for December and then didn't make any of them.   I opened up about my weight loss 'struggles'. I attended the Beaver Cove's 2nd annual Cookie Swap. My friend Scooby visited and we decided to take a trip during February break - possibly to New Orleans!  And I celebrated Christmas with the ones I love most

Erin posted about her theme for 2014 and as one of her sponsors I gave my two cents.So here's to turning our can'ts into cants and dreams into plans! Cheers to 2014!

 photo signature-21.png

2 comments:

  1. I'd have to say that 2013 made it to my top 3 of worst years ever! Here's to an amazing 2014!! HNY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a year!!! You got to see/do a lot of different things!! I really hope 2014 is the year I can get my health on track, lose 20 pounds and just feel better overall! CHEERS :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com