December 3, 2013

Cookie Swap...


Ive posted before about my love for the holidays. (see here). But Christmas is my absolute favourite holiday. Every year on Boxing Day I am completely depressed thinking about spending another year waiting for Christmas. This year I get Boxing Day off so I will be in bed all day watching Christmas movies and sobbing into my wine... 

Something I may not have mentioned before is my love for baking (but not the mess that goes along with it...) Every year I get more elaborate and more overzealous with my Christmas baking. Last year I was gone to Mexico for a friends wedding from December 14-22 and I was determined that I was going to get my Christmas baking done before I left. And I did. I stayed up until 2:00 am (on a work night, no less) just so I could say that I did my Christmas baking that year. THAT is how much I love this holiday

But I digress. The reason for this post is because I need YOUR help (yes, you). I am participating in a cookie swap with a group of friends THIS weekend and I still dont know what I am going to make. If you have a good recipe send it my way please! 

I have holiday days left that I need to use up so I am taking tomorrow off of work and plan on getting a good start on my Christmas baking. Ive been scouring Pinterest for recipes for the swap but nothing has jumped out at me. Most of the Christmas baking that I do is bars or other dainties, not cookies, so I am completely at a loss of what to do! HELP!

(side note: my apostrophe key isnt working on my keyboard  - it just does this: รจ. So sorry for the lack of punctuation)


 photo signature-21.png

4 comments:

  1. I love the Williams Sonoma Chocolate Chip cookies - google the recipe - delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas baking (but hate cleaning up afterwards)! My grandma's shortbread cookies are my favourite. And I love gingerbread men, although I've never made them from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always just make super simple cookies!! Our favorites are the peanut butter blossoms with the Hershey's kiss in the middle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone tweeted saying you needed input! Here's the link to my girlfriend cookies, they are always welcomed with open arms! http://hellomisschelsea.blogspot.com/2011/09/girlfriend-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com