December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas Eve Eve...

Merry Christmas Eve Eve (It's totally a thing. Just go with it...)

I, of course, have left everything until the last minute and will be scrambling  (like usual) to make sure everything is done in time for Christmas
  • I still have to wrap all of the presents I've bought and all of my Mama Bears presents for my nieces. I volunteered myself for that one since I love wrapping presents. In other news, I'm an idiot
  • I also have to finish up my Christmas baking. So far I have made over 16 dozen cookies and at least 12 dozen other goodies. And I don't even like sweets!
  • I still haven't finished decorating. I know it seems completely ridiculous to still be decorating when Christmas is only two days away but I keep coming up with new things that MUST be done this year
Tomorrow we are shutting down work at 4:00 (normally close at 6:00). I'll admit that work isn't exactly where I want to be on Christmas Eve but I've never worked at a Centre that was closed on Christmas Eve. I just have to remind myself that this time last year I was still driving an hour and a half every day there and back to work so at least as soon as work shuts down I will be able to be home within a few minutes

We're watching 'Elf' in the afternoon (side note: we do NOT normally watch movies - we don't even own a tv. But I relented on my rules just for Christmas) so the afternoon should pass by fairly quick. After that it's time to head home and let the festivities begin (my heart bursts with joy just writing that!)

I'm stealing Holly's Mexican and Margaritas Christmas Eve tradition and starting it as my own tradition. I bought myself a Margaritaville blender with birthday money this summer and it needs a good excuse to be broken out in the winter months! I LOVE Mexican food (Helllloo Chipotle) but the extent of my family's Mexican food experience is tacos from an Old El Paso kit.  But I am going to remedy that. I have some recipes for corn salsa, black bean salsa, and fajitas that I am going to whip up for them to try. (Speaking of Mexican food: Kym had mentioned that she preferred Qdoba over Chipotle. I had seen a Qdoba in the two closest cities to me but never even knew what it was. As you may recall, I FINALLY tried Chipotle in November at the MOA and fell in LOVE. My sister and I were crazy enough to brave the crowds yesterday to finish some last minute Christmas shopping in Brandon, MB, so we decided to give Qdoba a try. It was AMAZING and I am so glad that I have a substitute for Chipotle considering the closest one is 9 hours away!)

After our Mexican feast we are going to watch Home Alone (and probably Home Alone 2...) and play the drinking game that goes along with it. I'm sure my new Cards Against Humanity game will also make an appearance... The girls elf, Candy Cane, will also be making her final appearance of this Christmas season

I'm so excited for tomorrow (and of course Christmas Day!) that I probably won't be able to sleep much tonight. The 'novelty' of Christmas just has never worn off for this girl!

 photo signature-21.png

5 comments:

  1. I am working today as well. But, we are hoping for an early release!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working today also :( Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Mexican food Christmas!! ;) I can't get enough of it, so any excuse to eat it works for me!! I hope you enjoyed your holidays and can't wait to hear/see more about it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tradition of making Mexican food! TJ and I kind of just winged it this year and we ended up with sushi on Christmas Eve Eve and pizza on Christmas eve. We also ended up with a plumber on Christmas Eve but that's a blog post for another day lol. I hope that you had a very Merry Christmas and I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum, Mexican food is my favorite! Bummer you are working on Christmas eve :-\

    I am hosting a Weekend Recap and would love for you to be a part of it

    Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com