December 5, 2013

Twelve Hours Later...

Yesterday I spent 12 hours (TWELVE HOURS!) in the kitchen prepping for my cookie swap get together this weekend. And I'm still not done. (I told you I get a little overzealous).  See, I'm a perfectionist. And there's not a snowballs chance in hell that I am going to give someone something that doesn't look perfect. So half of the stuff that you see below will be eaten by my family. Thank goodness I'm not one for sweets (give me chips over sweets any day!) or my plans to start losing weight again would've went right out the window!

Here's what I've made so far:


The Pioneer Woman's Monster Cookies. I make these cookies during every holiday and use chocolate chips coloured for the seasons. If I'm donating something to a bake sale I always make sure to send a few dozen of these. These will definitely be going to the Cookie Swap this weekend


 Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies. Another Pioneer Woman recipe. (I love her, in case you haven't noticed.  If you look at what I have DVR'd its full of Pioneer Woman episodes). I'm not sure what went wrong with these but I ate one and felt like I was eating chalk. I'm not a chocolate fan (weird, I know) so maybe they're supposed to taste/feel that way?! I won't be giving them to anyone unless I find a chocolate lover who is adventurous enough to taste test them for me

 

Eat More Bar. It looks like shit (literally) but tastes devine. I made this last year and the girls requested it again this year. I'll have to make another batch for my family too because this is one of their favourites!
 Do they make Eat More Bars in the US?! Chocolate bars (aka candy bars) are so different between the GWN and the US. If they don't then anyone who loves peanut butter and chocolate needs to try this!
 
 

Turtles are one of my favourite parts about Christmas so when I saw this recipe for Chocolate Turtle Cookies on Pinterest I just had to try it. They didn't turn out quite as pretty as the picture but they still taste good so they will also be included in the Cookie Swap


My first attempt at Girlfriend Cookies (thanks for the recipe Chelsea!). I really should've paid more attention to Chelsea's instructions. I left them in for 9 minutes and didn't check them at all before the timer went off and they were a little brown on the edges. Still good enough to eat but not perfect enough for my standards for the Cookie Swap. My family is probably hoping I mess up the second try too! (They're THAT good!). Attempt number two is happening tonight and hopefully I pay attention so I can include these in the Cookie Swap

Not pictured: Butterscotch Confetti 'cake', Pecan Bars, and Cinnamon Rolls. I was on a roll but by the time midnight rolled around I was exhausted!

I have a few more recipes to try out tonight (while I watch curling, obvi...) and then hopefully I'll be ready for the Cookie Swap this weekend. I still have at least another weekend of baking to go before all my Christmas baking is complete so if you have a good recipe please send it my way - I make my favourites every year but love finding new ones to try!

 photo signature-21.png

5 comments:

  1. Whoa! These look delicious! Send some my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I grow up I want to be the Pioneer Woman. Seriously. Eat More bars are totally my favourite, I'm not a big chocolate person either but they're one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy yummminess!! I'm def going to make the monster cookies now YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn girl! I'm jealous! I want cookies!!! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com