January 16, 2014

Throwback Thursday...

The original first line of this post went something like this "Sorry for not posting all week..." before I remembered my plans NOT to apologize when life gets in the way of blogging.  I haven't even had a chance to read any of my faves this week so I will be doing some major catch up this weekend! I do have about 10 different posts in various stages of drafts right now that I plan on working on this weekend to so next week I should be a little more prepared

Anyways, on to the point of this post. I hate Facebook and have for a looong time. The last time I updated my status was December 9th. The only reason I even keep it around is to stay in touch with family that lives out of Province and to post pictures for said family. While uploading some pictures from Christmas I started going through my photo albums and was horrified to see some of the pictures from back in my partying days. I went on a major deleting spree. Which then led me to the old notes section

I remember being in College and doing a questionnaire with 100 questions instead of doing homework. My roommates,  friends from back home, and I were always 'tagging' each other in these notes and we didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings if we didn't answer the questions 

Looking back on these notes made me cringe but also gave me good material for a blog post. For the next few Thursdays, until I run out of notes to make fun of myself, I am going to post the old notes for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to laugh. I know I did

Here's a '25 Facts About Me' from waaaay back in February of 2009 (5 years ago already!). writing in bold  is 26 year old me snarking on 21 year old K. Oh to be young again...

Cuz everyone else is doing it...

February 7, 2009 at 9:27am
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

To do this, go to the “notes” tab on your profile page, click on "write new note," paste these instructions into the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the upper right hand corner, then click "publish."
 
1. The reason I don't plan on having kids (at least for a looong time) is b/c I am selfish and think that I wouldn't be able to do all the things I want to do and see all the things I wanna see

It's called GRANDPARENTS. I'm pretty sure they exist for parents to pawn their kids off and go on vacations, right?

2. I refuse to eat anything that swims and absolutely can't stand the smell of seafood

3. My favorite place in the world is Italy

Gawddd K. We all know that my favourite place on earth is NYC

4. I was sooo drunk on my grad day that I hardly even remember it

5. I miss my Mister like crazy and can't believe it's almost been 2 years :(

7 years :(

6. I have baby names picked out but still don't know if I ever want to have kids

Still have animal baby names on a note on my phone. But at least now my (possibly) future dogs kids won't be named Heaven, Reese or Christian *shudders*

7. I pray every night before I go to sleep but have only gone to church probably twice in my life (Kids Club does NOT count)

8. One of my favorite restaurants is in Gruene, TX and I can't wait to go back there

I'm still waiting.  coughMamaBearcough

Side Note: My Mama Bear now reads my blog. Hi MOM! 

9. I am addicted to Advil and take it even if I am not in pain

No worries people, I no longer have a drug problem... 

10. I wish I was closer to some of my family that I don't get to see very often

Lets just write a note about it and hope that somehow the situation rectifies itself

11. I can't even count the number of times I have been told I look like my cousin Starley, and people often assume that I am my auntie Cindy's daughter

12. I have toured a concentration camp in Germany and just thinking about it still gives me the chills

OF COURSE IT DOES! 

13. I plan on getting 2 German Shepherd's and a cat and naming them after the characters in To Kill A Mockingbird, one of my favorite books

Were hipsters a thing back then? Though I do still love the name Atticus...

14. I miss how much easier life was when I was in College

AKA when Mom and Dad paid for everything? Me too, K. Me too

15. I have been told before that me and my sister look just like twins, yet most people can't believe we are even sisters


Opinions people? My almost 29 year old sister regularly gets mistaken for a high schooler at her weekend job so if you say we look alike I'll take it! 

16. I have thought about moving back to the Hat or trying somewhere new, but I can't leave Audie-Rae b/c I am afraid of how much I would miss

And now there's a Graycie to add to the mix. Thanks a lot Toni for popping out babies for me to fall in love with. Bitch

17. Pretty much all of my clothes are black... I am working on improving that

Grey counts as a colour, right?

18. People always assume that my cousin Krista is my auntie... and I never correct themm!

Let's just thank god she's not and leave it at that...

19. When I was younger I used to hate when my Grandpa called me Chigle, but now I love it (so much that I am getting a tattoo of it) and wish more than anything that he was still around to call me it :(


Oh hey there freshly inked tattoo number 2

20. I hate chocolate, except for around the holidays (Turtles and Cadbury mini eggs!)

You haven't changed a bit, have you?

21. I love country music... and don't care what anyone thinks about that

Still don't care. Considering my current favourite song is 'Let It Go' from the Frozen soundtrack I think its safe to say I won't be asked for my opinion on music anytime soon

22. People always think that I am more Metis than I actually am

Between age 21 and 26 my skin just keeps getting paler and paler. If this keeps up I might start to see the resemblance between myself and my sister... HA

23. I don't visit my Grandpa Angie near as much as I should and I plan on fixingg that right away

I miss him coming up with different nicknames for where I was at in my life. Working Girl is probably my all time fav. Yep, my nickname was Working Girl. And not THAT kind of job. Because I had A job and he could no longer call me School Girl. 

24. I miss family vacations with my family

Oh, I thought you meant family vacations with your friends. Silly me

25. I have done soo many of these types of things before I probably could have came up with a hundred more answers

GET A LIFE!

That was fun! But 'talking' to yourself is hard. And weird. Do you say us? Or we? Or I? Or you? I'm pretty sure I used everyone one

Anyone else able to laugh at how completely ridiculous they were back in the day?

 photo signature-21.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com