February 28, 2014
February 27, 2014
You know when you're just having one of those days where nothing comes easy? Today is one of those days. I fell asleep on the couch last night watching television, with my contacts still in my eyes. I woke up this morning and it felt like my contacts were glued to my eyeballs - I could barely open my eyes enough to see the time on my phone. I also woke up with a sore back from sleeping on the couch, my phone was only at 17%, and I didn't have enough time to shower so now my hair is in the messiest ponytail imaginable and has about half a can of dry shampoo in it
I got to work only to discover that there were heating issues - thankfully the plumber I called was able to come right away and got it going, although it was pretty slow to warm back up. I'm now on my lunch break and on my third cup of coffee (the only thing keeping me going). Oh, and did I also mention I had plans of getting up early this morning to type up a post I've been meaning to do for awhile? Obviously that didn't happen, which is why I'm spending my lunch break blogging instead of packing for my weekend getaway
The only saving grace for today is that Erin has given me an easy out from trying to come up with something of substance for today's post. When I was still trying to get my eyeballs to co-operative this morning I was checking my phone (with the one eye that would open enough to read) and saw that she was doing round two of The Blogmopolitan Quiz. Hallelujah - a post of substance without having to put my brain into overdrive
Also, I suck at using photoshop (or in this case, picmonkey) so please don't judge me by how horrible my fill in the blank answers look
February 25, 2014
February 22, 2014
As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I'm getting a blog makeover from Kalyn @ Geez Louise Design. While updating my 'Meet K' page for Kalyn to work her magic on I realized I've never actually introduced all the people I talk about on a regular basis. I also don't call them by their names so that has got to be confusing. So to clear up some confusion here is a 'Cast of Characters' that you will see making regular appearances on the blog
February 21, 2014
Labels: Five on Friday
February 19, 2014
February 18, 2014
This weekend the company I work for, along with the local fitness centre, held our Hearts for Heroes fundraiser, an event to honor heroes and volunteers in the community. The event was held on Saturday the 15th, the day after Valentine's day. The decor for the event was all tied in with Valentine's Day, and my cousin and I had the task of putting together the centerpieces for the event - over 35 in total. All of the ideas for the centerpieces came directly from Pinterest, taking different aspects from a bunch of different pins. As well, I did up three different paper buntings to decorate the front entrance table and the silent wine auction tables.
I LOVE doing crafty projects like these but never seem to
find the time make the time to do up projects like these at home. I've decided one of my March goals will be to finish at least three of my incomplete projects sitting on my work station
February 13, 2014
This is Mallory's oldest daughter. We were out for lunch on Saturday and she was repping Canada with her outfit. We ate at Boston Pizza and she kept watching the tv's, which were featuring the Olympics, and talking about Hockey and Curling. A future Olympian perhaps?
February 12, 2014
February 11, 2014
The last week and a bit has been chock-full of birthday shenanigans. My (not so) little brother and sister in law have birthdays three days apart from each other (side note: I JUST realized this and what makes it so weird is that my sister and I have birthdays three days apart...) and both just celebrated turning the big 2-3 (oh, to be that young again!)
We celebrated early with a supper the Friday before their birthdays at the Olive Branch, an amazing restaurant in a neighboring town. (A few pictures from that night here)
Kenton's (the little bro - I don't know if I've ever called him anything but little bro on here...) birthday is February 2nd which just so happened to be Super Bowl Sunday. Being Canadians, as well as HUGE Saskatchewan Roughrider fans, the Super Bowl really doesn't hold much interest for us, but we will use any excuse we can to eat good food and drink excessively. Kenton requested stir fry for his birthday supper (my Mama Bear is such a sucker - she still takes requests for homemade birthday suppers) so we had a feast, watched the game, and enjoyed some drinks
Kenton and his birthday supper. Please ignore the ridiculous hair - the more we tell him to cut it, the more he grows it out just to annoy us. Brothers...
Kels' (aka my sister in law) birthday is February 5th, which was a Wednesday this year. Because we all work during the week we decided to have her birthday 'party' on Friday the 7th. After seeing an Instagram post of Erin's girls night with her sister in law I decided that was the PERFECT idea for Kels' birthday
We ate bad food (and also the delicious macaroni salad that I made at the request of the birthday girl), watched chick flicks, wore matching pajamas, and drank wine. It was the perfect girls night in my books
Mama Bear got us matching pj's from Victoria's Secret for Christmas. How awesome is she?! I felt like a kid again
Kels has been a part of our family for so long that she just fits right in as if she has always been there. It also helps that her name begins with a K too...
We watched Mean Girls and She's The Man and Kels and I quoted the entire movies (no joke). We put Bridesmaids in next and Kirstin and Kels were asleep before the opening credits. I made it about fifteen minutes in before crashing. So much for an all night slumber party. I had a huge stack of movies to choose from so I guess that just means there's another girls night in our future
Mama Bear was supposed to take part in the festivities but curling was on which was more important than our girls night (harumphh). She did come downstairs for a photo op but I value my life to much to post in on here (your welcome Mom!). She was also supposed to french braid our hair like at slumber parties when we were little so I'm calling that in at our next girls night
In the morning the birthday girl requested waffles for breakfast and it because I'm the most amazing sister in law ever there were mimosas to go along with the waffles
I've already told Kelsey that I expect an awesome birthday party in return - something that involves brunch (aka mimosas). I wouldn't be mad if that brunch happened to take place in Vegas...
February 10, 2014
It's that time again - time to set some goals for myself for February to keep myself on track. My track record with these goals is not the greatest but I'm hoping February will be my month. February is a short month but I'm challenging myself by setting even more goals than usual, and some loftier goals at that
This upcoming weekend is a looong weekend here in snowy Saskatchewan - Monday is a stat holiday due to Family Day. I have BIG plans for accomplishing a lot of things off my to do list and my goals list this weekend (with a lot of Olympic watching thrown in there too - the Olympics are my favourite!) and I really hope I can keep myself motivated. I'm still dealing with a nasty cold/chest infection/throat infection but I'm hoping the meds I've been on for the last 11 days will finally start working some magic so this nasty feeling doesn't affect my plans!
- Complete 2011 AND 2012 Project Life albums (this is VERY ambitious)
- Clean out spare bedroom # 2
- Do Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 DVD at least 4 times/week
- Take down all Christmas decorations (this one breaks my heart)
- Order Dad's Father's Day present from LAST YEAR
- Send out two forms of snail mail
- Successfully complete Kym and Jenn's February 12X30 Challenge: No Spend Challenge
- Drink 2 Nalgene bottles full of water per day
- Organize photos on my old laptop and (finally) put away in storage
- Visit a former coworker in 'the city' and finally drop off her baby gift (her baby was born in July... I'm horrible)
- Blog at least 3 days/week
- Wake up every morning when my alarm tells me to (no more setting 8 - that's right, eight - alarms to hit snooze on before finally getting up)
- Comment on more blogs. I read blogs every morning when I first wake up and every night before I go to sleep, but rarely ever comment. I need to work on this
What are your goals for February? Anyone else still have their Christmas decorations up? What's your favourite Olympic even to watch? Lemme know in the comments below!
February 6, 2014
- Win my DietBet game. Eff... I was about .4 lbs off from winning my DietBet game. My scale only does full or half numbers so it was off by that much. I was honestly shocked when I stepped on the scale and it was that low though, considering I didn't work out ONCE in January. I fail at life
- (Successfully) Complete No Spend January (more on this in a separate post). I think I did a pretty good job on this. Birthdays in February hindered my progress a bit but I'm calling this one accomplished!
- Make a monthly budget for 2014. Donezo. But then I lost the notebook I write all my financial info in :( Wahhhhh. I swear I'm losing my mind. I've misplaced more things in the last few weeks than I ever have in my entire life
- Finish 2011 Project Life. Whelpp. Remember how I had to order some pictures from Shutterfly in January even though I was trying not to spend money? Well, it was so I could accomplish this goal. And then the pictures didn't even make their appearance until last Thursday. Tomorrow is my EDO from work so I am going to try and get most of it accomplished
- Order Dad's Fathers Day present FROM LAST YEAR. Wal-Mart in 'the city' was going through a bunch of renovations and their photo lab was shut down for most of the month so this will be moved to February's goals. And it WILL get ordered!
- Send out two forms of snail mail. Does it count if it was for work?....
- Organize pictures on my old laptop and (finally) put away in storage. Almost done. I have around 5000 pictures on that thing and its so tedious that I finally had to give myself a break or I was going to go crazy
- Clean out spare bedroom # 3. 3/4 of the way done. I finally got rid of a bunch of old clothing that had been sitting around for years and that felt SO.GOOD
- Wake up every morning when my damn alarm tells me to! Wake up, yes. Get out of bed, no.
- Stay up to date on 2014's Project Life. Ordering the pictures as we speak so I don't end up two years behind again
- Drink 2 Nalgene bottles of water a day at work. FAIL. It's a work in progress. Sometimes I get so busy I forget
Tomorrow I'll be posting my February goals. I have some big goals for this month and considering its a short month (and my track record with goals) I'm really challenging myself this month
February 5, 2014
My DELICIOUS supper from the Olive Branch. Mmmm
The birthday peeps
My sister and I... Gawddd I hate wearing glasses