February 21, 2014

How the Olympics Have Taken Over My Life...

Ok, don't let the title of my post scare you away. I already posted once about the Olympics so I've tried realllly hard to keep this 5 on Friday list down to only one point about the Olympics. But fair warning, this is going to be a very random post - I'm writing this on about 4 hours of sleep,  with a belly full of caffeine, while anxiously watching the Men's hockey semifinal...

1// The Olympics have taken over my life. As much as I love them, I'm kind of glad they're almost over so I can get back on a normal sleeping schedule. Waking up at 2:30 am when you have to work at 7:15 is no good. Can the next host of the Olympics please be in the same time zone as me? Much thanks. And while I'm on the topic of Olympics - I need to mention how my favourite team of ALL TIME, Team Jennifer Jones, made Olympic history yesterday when they went undefeated throughout the entire event to capture Gold. I'm so full of happies right now. Also, how intense was that hockey game yesterday? I don't think I've ever watched a more intense game. These athletes have done Canada proud! (Sorry to any readers outside Canada - can we go back to being friends after the Olympics are over?)

2// I only had to work three days this week - Monday was a stat holiday due to Family Day in SK and today is my EDO (earned day off) of work. I could sooo get used to this kind of work week, though it would have been nice to sleep in today instead of getting up at 5:00 for more Olympics. (Can you say #obsessed?). I'm trying to come up with a change of career that would allow me to only work three days a week but still make the same amount of money I currently do. Ideas are welcome! (for my IRL peeps who read this, JUST KIDDING)

3// It's almost the end of February (crazy, right?!) and I have yet to tackle my goals for this month. Whooops. It really should come as no surprise to anyone...

4//In exactly one week I will be heading to Bismarck to shake it for Luke Bryan. And I still don't have any cowboy boots :(

5// You may have noticed things are looking a little wonky with my current blog design. This little space of mine is getting a brand new design from Kalyn @ Geez Louise Design, so I started messing with the old design while trying to change up my pages, and ended up deleting my old header. Not to worry, I got a preview of my new design the other day and it was everything I wanted and more. I can't wait until it's all ready so everyone else can see how amazing it is! If you're in the market for a new design I highly recommend Kalyn. I gave her a few suggestions of what I like and dislike and she completely blew me away with how spot on she was with the design!

Whelppp, back I go to watching the hockey game with no interruptions. It's currently scoreless, but I'm hoping we can get some goals early on so I don't have to hyperventilate during the last period like I did yesterday! Also, I read somewhere that tomorrow is National Margarita Day? I swear last year it was in March or April, but regardless, it gives me a good reason to break out my Margaritaville blender and pretend I'm poolside in Vegas. Happy Friday!

Linking up with these lovely ladies:

 photo signature-21.png

3 comments:

  1. and were you on pins & needles during yesterday's women hockey game?? So happy for Canada!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud to be Canadian today!!! We're doing amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So proud to be Canadian! All the athletes represented our country so well!

      Delete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com