March 4, 2014

February Goals Update...

So I know I was supposed to recap my weekend shenanigans (including the Luke Bryan concert!) yesterday, but I have been riding the struggle bus with no signs of stopping since we got back from our girls weekend.  Yesterday was such a struggle just to stay awake for my entire workday - I seriously contemplated propping my eyes open with toothpicks. 3 cups of coffee and a Redbull later and I was still completely wiped out. I had grand plans of going to bed as soon as I got home from work but, unfortunately, I got sucked in by the television. First The Voice, then curling (the Brier) and finally, HIMYM. During a break in shows I painted my fingernails on my left hand and was planning on finishing the other hand after the show was over.  I ended up falling asleep on the couch in my basement with only one hand painted. Now I'm the crazy person with only one hand of polish. Don't worry - as soon as I'm done writing this post I'm doing up the other hand. I just hope no one noticed this morning....
__________________________________

Now on to my February Goals update. I'm going to be completely honest - this month was worse than any other month when it came to goals. I have the Winter blues SO.BAD. and it has left me completely unmotivated. The fact that it was such a short month didn't help either. March is going to have a shit ton of goals since I have over half my February Goals to cross over


  1. Complete 2011 AND 2012 Project Life albums (this is VERY ambitious). To ambitious, apparently
  2. Clean out spare bedroom # 2. Still looks like a tornado hit...
  3. Do Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 DVD at least 4 times/week. HA HA HA
  4. Take down all Christmas decorations (this one breaks my heart). Completely heartbroken over this, but yet happy that I at least accomplished one of my goals
  5. Order Dad's Father's Day present from LAST YEAR. I am doing this tonight! I swear!
  6. Send out two forms of snail mail. So again, does it count if it's for work?...
  7. Successfully complete Kym and Jenn's February 12X30 Challenge: No Spend Challenge. The first half of the month went GREAT and then it all went downhill from there
  8. Drink 2 Nalgene bottles full of water per day. I did pretty good on this one. I didn't use my Nalgene water, and my Contigo bottle is a little smaller, but I have gotten back to drinking more water like I used to
  9. Organize photos on my old laptop and (finally) put away in storage. 3/4 of the way done. Man is this ever hard - 8 years worth of pictures on that thing!
  10. Visit a former coworker in 'the city' and finally drop off her baby gift (her baby was born in July... I'm horrible). Her kid is going to be heading off to College and I still won't have dropped it off...
  11. Blog at least 3 days/week. WHOOOOP WHOOP! I've been doing pretty good lately - it helps that I got a new design that I LOVE!
  12. Wake up every morning when my alarm tells me to (no more setting 8 - that's right, eight - alarms to hit snooze on before finally getting up). Mornings are just so hard. I used to get up to go to the gym at 5:00 am and then have to drive 45 minutes to work, and now I can barely get up half an hour before I have to leave for work. Help me turn back into a morning person!
  13. Comment on more blogs. I read blogs every morning when I first wake up and every night before I go to sleep, but rarely ever comment. I need to work on this. Still needs more work but I've been discovering some new blogs and commenting on my favourites more regularly 

Tomorrow I WILL have my Luke Bryan/girls weekend recap up, and on Thursday will be posting my March Goals. Check back then!

2 comments:

  1. I totally was having a winter blues day today too..then my therapist said you live in sask.. get over it.. that was exactly what I needed to hear! lol why do we live here again???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try so hard to be organized with my pictures but it is so hard! I have an old laptop I need to go through as well, but I really don't have the time

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com