March 19, 2014

I Can't Wait For Summer

A few weeks ago I was complaining on here about this brutal Canadian Winter (as per usual) and the 'Winter Blues' that never fail to make an appearance, when  my IRL friend, Taigz, commented that she had been having the same kind of day when someone told her 'You live in SK. Get over it'. Fortunately for Taig, she has been on at least three hot holidays in the last 4 months (super jealous girl right here!) whereas I have been stuck in this hell hole just dreaming of NYC, Texas, and Las Vegas (the next three places I plan on vacationing). So no, random person who told Taig this, I WILL NOT GET OVER IT!

Obviously, I'm a little bitter. So when I saw that Helene and Taylor were doing a one time 'I Can't Wait For Summer Because' linkup I thought it was the perfect way to try and put those Winter Blues in the back of my mind and gear up for my favourite season

I can't wait for Summer because... my toes haven't seen sunshine in 6 long months. Bring on the flip flop weather

I can't wait for Summer because... I finally have a deck to drink on 

I can't wait for Summer because... I have a $200 Margaritaville blender that needs to get a lot of use this Summer (and the next 10 Summers...) to equal its hefty price

I can't wait for Summer because... I have clothes in my closet I haven't been able to wear for 6 + months

I can't wait for Summer because... Big Brother comes on. Duh

I can't wait for Summer because... Drinking out of mason jars during the Winter just doesn't seem right

I can't wait for Summer because... My skin is the whitest I have ever been in my entire life

I NEED this tan back in my life

I can't wait for Summer because... Minneapolis and the Color Run are calling my name

I can't wait for Summer because... Maxi dresses. Enough said

I can't wait for Summer because... I will no longer have to worry about fickle Saskatchewan weather and the roads will always be driveable. Hallelujah

I can't wait for Summer because... football season is back! (In Canada anyways...)

I can't wait for Summer because... After last night's episode of PLL I STILL don't have a single answer to any of my questions but I'm hopeful that the Season 5 premiere on June 10th will shed some light on a few things. But I won't hold my breath




Helene In Between

4 comments:

  1. You didn't get hook to Big Brother Canada??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so with you on being pale. it's driving me freaking nuts. and margarita machine!! yes you need to pull that sucker out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at margarita blender and maxi dresses! and I'm doing a Color Run this summer too! Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving Big Brother Canada!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com