April 24, 2014

Life Lately...

Stopping by quick (and late, as per usual...) to give some quick updates on life lately. You can thank my lack of caffeine the last 4 days as to why I am not able to string together full paragraphs and make a post about anything in particular

//I'm on Day 4 of the Whole30 and I haven't killed anybody yet. Emphasis on the yet part. I'm going through mega caffeine withdrawals* and those can be known to make people do crazy things. Speaking of crazy things...

//Background: I live in a tiny, tiny town. The 'city' I once lived in and worked in for 4 years can barely be called a city, it's so small. Nothing crazy ever happens around this area of SE SK. Until Monday, when there was a homicide in 'the city'. After using my crazy  ninja detective skills I discovered that the murderer was a customer that my sister had served and chatted with while at her weekend job on Sunday. And then bumped into again that night as she stopped for a smoothie before heading home. He murdered someone the very.next.day. It gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it

//Saturday is my 3 1/2 year old niece, Graycie's, ballet and tap recital. Rae never participated in her recital when she was the same age because she was basically kicked out for not being able to concentrate and follow the teachers instructions. I work with children and can't imagine how they expect 3 year old's to follow along with a routine. This is what I expect to see on stage:

But hopefully more clothing...

//Vegas is calling my name, yet I STILL don't have a trip booked. Things kept coming up with the group of people I was planning on going with and the actual booking of the trip never happened. I'm about to the point that I'm going to go on a vacation all by myself!

//I almost got a puppy on the weekend. I saw a picture of one on Facebook, named it (totally normal) and then contacted the lady about it. By the time I contacted her the puppy had already sold :( . Now I'm on the hunt for the perfect puppy. Kirby is technically supposed to be shared 50/50 with my Mama, but she is my Dad's baby so there is no way she is ever going to be mine. If someone wants to send me $590, I found the cutest long haired chihuahua not to far from here -  I'll even name it after you! 

//It's been a crazy, stressful week of work. I was supposed to have an important meeting tomorrow morning for a yearly process the Centre has to go through, and I found out this morning it has been postponed. Halle-freaking-lujjah. I literally felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. It's funny how things have a way of working themselves out!

* Yes, I am aware that I can drink black coffee while doing the Whole30. I am a HUGE coffee lover (read: addict) but I cannot stomach black coffee. Give me french vanilla creamer or some caramel syrup please and thanks. Obviously, those are out of the question for the next month so as much as it pains me, I am quitting coffee for the rest of the Whole30. Please pray for me

1 comment:

  1. Your weekend sounds like an episode of Twin Peaks! Hopefully he was caught. Scary stuff.

    Oh to be three and dancing again. My first dance costume is still my favourite. Matching blue leather print spandex crop top and tights with a ton of sequined and feathered accents. If only I still had an outfit like that one...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com