April 28, 2014

Weekend Shenanigans with the Tiny Humans...

Saturday was my niece's dance recital. She was in the 'tiny tot's group with all the 3 and 4 year olds. They sing a song, do a dance (or not, in some of the children's cases) and that's that. So many months of dance comes to a head with one little dance. Graycie sang her heart out. But dance... not so much. One of her friends from daycare was right beside her during their dance and they fooled around more than anything, touching each others faces and looking at each other and bursting out in laughter. It was adorable nonetheless


It was a very low key weekend due to the yucky weather we've been stuck with for the past few days - rainy and gloomy. It poured rain all weekend, and by yesterday night the rain turned to hail, freezing rain, and then snow. I spent most of the weekend cooped up inside of the house, staying out of the rain. You haven't seem my hair curly until you've been stuck outside in the rain with me. It's not pretty! 

I did run into 'the city' with the 'Twin' on Saturday night for our monthly town council meeting with the Beaver Cove ladies (our splurge group). Due to being on the Whole30 I wasn't able to eat a single thing at the restaurant we had picked at our previous meeting. I was prepared and packed snacks for the drive and, honestly, wasn't even tempted to cheat while at the restaurant. It's now Day 8 and we're going strong - only 22 more to go!

I didn't even bother trying to leave the house on Sunday since it was so nasty outside. Toni was at her weekend job in 'the city' so the girls were at the house for the day. They definitely kept me entertained all day . We watched Tangled in bed - it was quite the task convincing them to watch that instead of Frozen for the millionth time but in the end I won. Later on in the day I tried to take an afternoon nap since the gloomy and depressing weather just tired me out. I put HIMYM on repeat on Netflix and settled in to my bed, only to have Graycie come downstairs and stand outside my door yelling 'Auntie' over, and over, and over. She finally took the hint (or so I thought) and headed back upstairs. I finally closed my eyes again thinking I was in the clear. I wasn't. She made another appearance downstairs, again saying 'Auntie' over, and over, and over. The next thing I know I can see her hand wiggling under my door, as if she could somehow get in that way. And then. Oh, and then. The cutest thing ever happened. She stuck her mouth up right to the tiny crack in my door, put on her best Anna voice and said 'Auntie, do you wanna build a snowman? And ride our bikes around the hall?'. She even made her voice sound all squishy like Anna's. I started laughing so hard I almost cried, and by this point I was completely awake and finally told her she could come in. She comes in and I ask her what she wanted. She replies 'Umm. Ummmmm. One time can I sleep with you?' and then 'And I love you'. And then she left my room. She melts my heart

I was hanging out upstairs later on with my Mama and SIL. Mama was in a cleaning mood on Sunday due to the weather and while cleaning out junk drawers she came across some ring cleaner. I decided to clean up my rings, and while doing so, my niece Rae looks at me and says ' I think some people would call you a popular kid'. I looked at her strange, chuckled, and said ' Why do you say that'. Her response was  'You clean your rings. Your pretty. Your always drunk. And you go places in the world.' Cue the laughter near tears again. Lets focus on the 'Your always drunk'. That kid. I don't know what I did to convince her I'm an alcoholic but she always brings it up! I haven't had a drink in almost two weeks thankyouverymuch! And by 'go places in the world' she means that I travel. Though I haven't done much of that lately either...

The next thing I know she has a measuring tape from one of the junk drawers and proceeds to measure my waist, then says 'Ooooh, you only weigh 48 lbs!'. Okay Rae, I'll take it

Those two girls can test my patience more than anyone, they are constantly at each others throats, they use to many words like 'butthead' and 'stupidface' and yet when they do things like above I forget everything I just listed. They are the best nieces I could have asked for! Now if Kenton and Kels would get working on making me another baby niece or nephew to snuggle I would be content



Oh, and just for all you people out there actually experiencing Spring, this is what I woke up to this morning



So if you all could send some of your good weather this way it would be very much appreciated! 

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot WAIT until my niece is that age!! So hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, she is SO adorable!! that outfit!!! :) I love having a niece, I can't wait until she can start saying my name and talking!!!

    Also, I am so sorry about your snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest thing I have EVER heard, the "do you want to build a snowman?" moment! Too sweet. Sorry about the snow, sending some sunshine from NJ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dance outfit is so cute, she is so precious. Kids can say the wildest things can't they. I had to laugh that she thinks "your always drunk". That is too funny!!! Hope you get some warm weather soon. We have had beautiful weather lately, I couldn't imagine more snow. I wish I could bottle some of my sunshine and heat & send it to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com