May 7, 2014

4 Weeks Fit Challenge...

If you follow me on IG you would have seen that I am currently doing the Whole30. Today is Day 17 and I honestly never thought I would make it this far. I went into the Whole'30' knowing I was actually only going to be doing the Whole'20'. Months ago I got a ticket to Taste of Spring in the Queen City'. Basically it's an event held in a huge venue and you walk from booth to booth and taste different foods and wine. I paid $50 for the ticket so I'm not going to go and just walk around and not try anything - that would be such a waste of $. And when you come from a small town where there's nothing to do (like, ever) when you actually have plans you don't want to back out on them

On the weekend I was completely fed up with the Whole30 - the lack of flavour in the foods I was eating and the feeling like I was eating the same things over and over and over was really getting to me. And I just miss coffee so damn much. So I 'cheated' and stepped on the scale. When your doing the Whole30 you weigh yourself the day before Day 1 and then the day after Day 30 - no stepping on the scale in between. The Whole30 isn't actually about weight loss, it's about cleansing your body and adjusting your mind, and weight loss is just considered a 'side effect'. When I stepped on the scale I was thinking that there was going to be no change in weight, and if so, I was quitting and having the largest cup of coffee known to man. Then I stepped on it and saw that I had lost 8.5 lbs in 14 days. And all my plans for coffee and flavourful food went out the window

Saturday is Taste of Spring, where I will be indulging in some good foods and wine. Then on Sunday I'm back on the Whole30, starting back at 'Day 1'. I will only be doing Days 1-8, and then I leave for Texas - let's be honest, I know that I am going to be indulging while in Texas. Calories don't count on vacation anyways...


When I saw that Erin and Kristin were hosting the '4 Weeks Fit Challenge' link up I was excited - I finally feel like I'm back in a good place fitness wise like I was this time last year (I realllly slacked off after my surgery in the Summer) and I find that I get more motivation when others are working towards similar goals

My 4 Weeks Fit Challenge Goals

1// Get up at 5:00 am three days/week to do Ripped in 30

2// Do 40 minutes on the elliptical each night

3// Try to get in as many hour long walks on my lunch break as possible. I'm shooting for at least 3 days/week. Hopefully more, but this SK weather is so fickle that who knows, it could rain for three weeks straight (please don't!)

4// Take daily walks while in Texas and track what I'm eating on my Weight Watchers app

5// When I get back from Texas (May 25) start back on WW. I've had good success with it in the past, I just need to make sure that I am tracking everything and make the time to plan out snacks and meals

6// START RUNNING AGAIN. Only 67 days until the Colour Run Twin Cities!

Love, Fun & Football

2 comments:

  1. All this talk about the Whole30 makes me REALLY want to do it, and it sounds like you're doing really really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!! First off YAY for shedding 8+ pounds, that's awesome! And I love your goals-- you are going to rock 'em!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com