May 14, 2014

Things That Make Me Stabby...

I tried so hard to come up with something to post yesterday (obviously to no avail). I started writing post after post after post and saving them as drafts  - the content just wasn't right and the words weren't flowing very easily. Then, last night as I was messaging a friend, we got onto the topic of music, and more specifically, music I hate. Techno music. My exact words were 'that music makes me stabby'.  I was then told that was a 'colorful type of feeling'. I'm just very passionate about the kind of music I don't like. Anyways, this got me onto a rant about all the things that make me stabby, when a light bulb went off in my head, and I realized I had perfect blog post material for today

So without further adieu, here are the things that make me stabby (aka my pet peeves)


1// Slow drivers. 
If you can't drive the speed limit (or only drive exactly the speed limit) then GET OFF THE ROAD! I have terrible road rage y'all

Source
2// When someone puts toilet paper on the wrong way.
Spiders hide there when its the other way! Eeeeek
The correct way to put toilet paper on the roll.
3// Socks with sandals. 
For the love of God, WHY?!

4// Slow walkers. 
Don't meander down the sidewalk, or through the mall, and block the way for the people who actually walk faster than a snail stuck in peanut butter. PLEASE

Source
5// Loud talkers at the movie theatre.
 I once went to a movie with a friend from College and she brought along her friend that I had never met before. During the movie her friend stood up and started clapping and cheering the heroine on. I slid down in my seat as far as I could and tried to pretend I wasn't with her. Sooo embarrassing 

Source
6// People who use the word that rhymes with 'lets get it started' as a way to insult someone.
 I have absolutely no patience for those kinds of people

7// Loud chewers. 
I swear I have a touch of Misophonia

8// People who judge those with tattoos. 
My body, my decision

9// Plane delays. 
Or when your plane is forced to land in a different destination than where you were headed because they need fuel. Is that not somebody's job to make sure there's enough for the entire trip?!

Source
10// Clumpy eyelashes. 
It looks like spiders on your eyes people. Uckkkk

11// People who air their dirty laundry on Facebook
  That's what blogs are for

Source

12// When someone calls me, or anyone else in my profession, a babysitter.
You are sure to get stabbed for that one. I didn't go to College to be someone's babysitter. There's a reason it's called early childhood EDUCATION. (Side note: today is ECE Appreciation Day in Saskatchewan - shout out to all my fellow ECE's!)

Source
I should note that I've also been informed that I'm no longer allowed near knives...

Source

What are your biggest pet peeves?

13 comments:

  1. i absolutely have Misophonia.
    slow drivers and slow walkers annoy the crap out of me. talkers in movies (loud eaters in the movies!! ahhhh!), i dont mind if everyone is laughing and clapping, and its a big movie (like breaking dawn that last scene everyone went nuts) but sit yo ass down if you're the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not kidding you, I was going to write a post with this EXACT title today. We are the same. ESPECIALLY THE TOILET PAPER. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So i totally followed you before I even read your post because I use the emotion stabby, quite often!
    Slow drivers make me INSANE like I have really bad road rage!
    Clumpy eye lashes YES my cousin omg looks like she laid down and blinked her eyelashes in tar baybay it aint cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slow walkers and drivers are the bane of my existence! I don't understand how someone wants to take their sweet time getting from point A to point B, when there are better things they (and I) could be doing. Totally agree with you on those slow pokes and plane delays, we could really do without!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like the slow walkers and drivers are the ones who always have their heads in the clouds - it's like they don't even realize the rest of us have things to do and places to see!

      Delete
  5. Clumpy eyelashes seriously weird me out. I work with a gal who rocks that look and I just cannot even look straight at her when she's talking to me! BAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this post, especially the clumpy mascara. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES TO THE TOILET PAPER! Whyyyyyyy some people try to argue that it is suppose to be the other way around - I will never know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! There is only ONE way and it is the right way!

      Delete
  8. Too funny to read this now, because 2 hours ago I announced "bad cell service makes me stabby." When the connection's bad and someone can't hear me, I get SO irrationally mad. Like I will literally be grumpy with my husband for hours if he can't hear me, even though it's 100% not his fault!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another thing to add to my list! How does bad cell service still even exist in 2014?!

      Delete
  9. Hate when people judge me because of my tattoos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh. Yes. I plan to post my pet peeves eventually, and I've got a list going, but it only had two things on it. I tend to forget what some of my pet peeves are until I experience them again. I agree with all of yours. And thank you for reminding me of some of my major pet peeves to add yo my list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com