July 10, 2014

Every Summer Has A Story...

Today's prompt for Blog Everyday in July is 'Favourite Things About The Summer'. When people say they don't like Summer (coughAllie&Juliettecough) this is my reaction:

File:Acascuse me.gif
Source
Okay, okay, I can kind of see where they are coming from with some of their points. I LOVE Summer, like obsessively, but there are still a few things about Summer that I can't stand: Shaving my legs, tornado warnings, having to wear a bathing suit in public, getting sand in places it doesn't belong, the humidity, mosquitos, and wood ticksBut, with that being said, my love for Summer is still ridiculous. When you live in a country where it is Winter 6 months out of the year you appreciate Summer even through its flaws, and try to make every minute count. So, without further adieu, my favourite things about Summer:


My Birthday
July 24th, for those of you who haven't bought any gifts yet. Kidding...

Source
Iced Coffee
When it's -40 it's just not appropriate, but in the Summer give me all the iced coffee

Beaches/Swimming Pools

Weddings
This is the first year in a loooong time that I don't have a Summer wedding to attend :( 

Slushy Drinks

Beer pong

Football

Flip flops

Maxi dresses

Big Brother
I've never gotten into Big Brother Canada, which airs earlier in the year, but am OBSESSED with Big Brother. I wish it came on every single night. And no, I'm not a crazy person who spends all her spare time watching live feeds. Aint nobody got time for that

big brother animated GIF
Source
There are so many more things I could write (I did mention my love of Summer was ridiculous) but this post would be never ending - I could literally write a book about how much I love Summer!

I made a Summer Bucket List for myself back in June, mostly due to the fact that last Summer I had surgery at the beginning of August and the entire month was spent inside basically dying (aka recovering). I felt like I didn't even get a Summer, so this year I wanted to make sure I made every single minute of Summer count.
I leave for the Twin Cities tomorrow and I am going to (hopefully) be able to cross the following off my list:

*Get lunch from a food truck

*Have supper and drinks on a patio

*Get a blow out at the Blow Dry Bar in the Mall of America

*Run a 5K (Colour Run!)

What's your favourite thing about Summer?

Allieology

10 comments:

  1. I am glad you love summer just like I do :) And I am super jealous that you are going to the Mall of America. Always been on my list to get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you finally do make it to the MOA you will keep going back like I have - can't get enough!

      Delete
  2. Can I add one to your con list for summer? Wearing dresses on a windy day.....petrified the entire day!! :)
    But you're totally right, I'll gladly take all of the bad things about it any day than to go through our winters (or springs or falls)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love summer for my birthday too (July 22) and I celebrate the entire month of July, because obviously it is called for. I hate the bathing suits in public, sunburns (because I suck at sunscreen) and all the damn bugs... Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't even talk to you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BIG BROTHER!!! Yes, I'm obsessed and Derrick is from my hometown so I am a huge fan!! I love iced coffee but I still drink them in the winter, I love hot coffee too but there's just something about an iced coffee that makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove summer!!
    I usually make a bucket list but I didn't this year oops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. summer is my absolute fave!! so many fun things. my favorite is snow cones. I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes yes, I love you summer.
    Juliette and Allie just don't understand because they live in southern (hotter) places. Whatever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com