July 18, 2014

Five Favourites...

Look who's finally back at it with the prompts for Blog Everyday in July! I'm patting myself on the back as we 'speak'. Today's prompt is Five Favourites. I have sooo many favourites but since I've posted a lot about my love for Sour Patch Kids, Barefoot Moscato and Sweet Red wine, Target, Starbucks, Eos lip gloss, etc. I've decided that instead of showing y'all the same things over and over again I would mix things up a bit with some of my new favourites

1// Typo Spinout Notebooks and My Stash Cases

These are old favourites, but with new designs that I just purchased at the MOA store. I have a different notebook design and a case that says 'Lets Blog Some Shit' that I keep my lip gloss, mascara, contacts and solution, and an extra ponytail holder in in my purse at all times. I'm going to switch the old ones out with these ones for Summer!


2// Lululemon Scuba Hoodie II

I saw this beauty on Lululemon's website and came thisclose to buying it. Thankfully I didn't buy it online because I found it at the MOA for $40 cheaper! I LOVE the print (I just know my Mama is going to hate it) and actually ended up buying another Scuba Hoodie at the Lulu outlet in Albertville in a gorgeous berry colour


3// Essie Nail Polish

I used to strictly be an OPI fan, until I picked up one of these in Target. I've been hooked ever since and have at least 20 different colours already. The ones pictured below are my current favourites for summer. Bikini So Teeny, Bachelorette Bash, Watermelon, Peach Daiquiri, and Carousel Coral


4// Various Hair Products

I've tried EVERY dry shampoo under the sun (not exagerrating!) and the Garnier Fructis Volume Extend is my absolute favourite so far. I've tried a bunch of different sea salt sprays too, and the Beach Babe Texturing Sea Salt Spray is the best. It doesn't give me beachy waves (but c'mon, what product actually does?) but gives my hair the texture it needs to be able to hold curl. I can also just spray it in my damp hair and it brings out my natural curl waaay better than it would with no product. And finally, the Moroccan Oil Heat Styling Protection. I never used to use any kind of heat protectant (horrible, I know) but starting using this one after it was used on my hair at Blast Blow Dry Bar and so far I am loving it!

5// Starbucks Discoveries Iced Coffee
There are a few different flavours but the Caramel Macchiato is my favourite. What I want to know is where has it been all my life?! If I can't have a Starbucks in O-town, this will get me by until my next trip to a city!
Last year for my birthday I did a post about some of my favourite things at that time - you can find that here

I'm adding in another favourite as well: Erin's Blogmopolitan Quiz. Grab a copy and play along!

Allieology


12 comments:

  1. Okay, for starters I love that hoodie! I may need to check these out. I have never seen this starbucks in a carton, but I will be keeping an eye out for it! The blogmopolitan quiz is super cute. Life is just better with wine and coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is always raving about how great Essie polish but I'm too cheap to buy it! That Starbucks iced coffee looks amazing I doubt it's in the stores around here but I'm totally going to look next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely going to try the Garnier dry shampoo now...thankss!
    Also, I think I'm going to have to fill out that quiz too and I think we may have a lot of the same answers! **cough** coffee lover **cough**

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need starbucks and netflix in my life right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap to that scuba hoodie! The print is amazing and now I'm questioning if I should stop by lulu after work lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wine is cheaper than therapy. LOVE it!
    Chelsea
    www.mypinkscribbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hoodie is so cute but it looks like a print my Mommy would hate too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your answers!
    i use the same hair products! i swear by MArrocan Oil and Not You Mothers Hair Beach Spray is th best out there for beachy waves!
    i am loving your blog way too much, so im following you!
    xo
    Orly
    coffeebeansandhighheels.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the first Morroccan Oil product I've bought and I don't think it will be the last!

      Delete
  9. You have a lulu outlet!?!?!?! So jealous! I can see how momma's wouldn't love the print but I think it's fabulous. Speaking of moms & Lulu's mine always thinks the shiny logo on my pants is dirt, she's forever trying to peel off whatever is "stuck to my pants!" and at this point they're 3 years old so it shouldn't surprise her anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loveee that Lulu hoodie! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jazz! My Mama HATED the sweater - just like I thought! It totally reminds me of stuff we used to wear when we were young - LOVE it!

      Delete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com