July 9, 2014

How Embarrassing...

I've been staring at a blank page for longer than I 'd care to admit right now, trying to recall my most embarrassing moments.   It's not that I don't get embarrassed easily, because I totally do, it's more that because of my anxiety I make sure to control situations so that I can't be embarrassed - basically, I'm always on high alert of any potential embarrassing moments. Alas, I've managed to scour the depths of my brain and came up with a few for you

The time I was popping a squat at a Colt 45 party (party in the bush) and leaning against a truck (because I cannot pee outside without leaning against something) when the truck started moving and I was left standing there with my pants around my ankles. That was also the same night I drank a 26 of watermelon vodka straight and puked until 9:00 the next night. And also the reason the taste and smell of watermelon makes me want to vom to this day... Oh, high school

The time I brought a guy home to spend the night and had to lead him out of the house the next morning walking right past my parents who were on the couch enjoying their morning coffee. If there hadn't been a 6 foot snow drift in front of the basement door I could have snuck him out a little easier. Even more embarrassing is that friends of my parents are good friends with his parents and my Mom told her friend all about it and they didn't stop razzing me for months. Oh, and at this time I wasn't even living at my parents, I was living in 'the city' and just home visiting for the weekend...

The time in 8th grade when an acquaintance of mine was furiously waving at me in the hallway (with both hands) so I waved back only to turn around and see that she was waving at another friend of hers

hi
Source
The time I rapped a welcome to the family wedding speech to the tune of 'Ice, Ice Baby' along with my sister and two cousins. I'm pretty sure we made everyone's ears bleed. But I have no doubt we'll be doing it again at Kenton and Kels' wedding...

Source

Sorry guys, that's all I've got. If I do have a super embarrassing story I'm pretty sure my brain has blocked it out to save me from going over and over and over it in my mind like it does with everything else

Allieology

9 comments:

  1. I had to skip out on this prompt for today for this same reason. I don't get embarrassed easily but I also take every step to make sure nothing embarrassing happens to me. I hate when people ask me what this question I never know what to say. I love the pop and squat story. These are always the best!! Women don't have it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peeing while leaning on the truck is something that would totally happen to me! And to this day I can't even be near peach flavored anything!!--Peach vodka did me in back in high school!!!

    Brianna
    http://keepingupwiththekeens2428.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this flashback to 5th grade when I was in the girls locker room and saw a TEENY TINY spider. I was trying to get in with the 'popular' girls and for some reason my thought was to freak out about an otherwise nonexistant spider so I screamed and jumped on the bench...everyone stared. Hahaha I STILL cringe at my dumb moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! They should recognize- Ice Ice Baby is a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha I totally want to hear this rap.

    Walking the guy out past your parents? Yeahhhh that sounds mortifying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES honestly that rap sounds amazing! I totally avoid situations that might be embarrassing too, although I'm sure I could come up with some but I really don't want to think about them. Kudos to you for going there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness you need to post the rap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! The pop and squat story was the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com