July 4, 2014

It's Independence Day...

(Does anyone else have 'Independence Day' by Martina McBride stuck in their head now? Anyone? Bueller? Just me? Okay then...)

Happy Fourth of July to all my American friends in Bloglandia! Today is just a regular ole' Friday for me. Actually, scratch that last part. Today is a Friday that feels like a Wednesday because of having Tuesday off for Canada Day. Anyways, this girl has to work today but we are hosting a fundraising BBQ at the park in town so I get to spend some time in the sun. I'll keep reminding myself of that when I remember that basically everyone else in blogland is off work today...

If you aren't aware, I was fortunate enough to be born and raised in the southeast corner of the lovely province of Saskatchewan. North Dakota is literally a 25 minute drive away from my hometown. The closest actual city to O-town is Minot, ND and where I do most of my shopping. For a lot of Canadians, the only time they step foot in the USA is a vacation once per year (if that). For me, I usually am in ND at least once every 6 weeks, if not more. I have an addiction to Target and Starbucks (And to clear up the misconception - there is now Target in Canada. Minot is just the closest one to me) that needs to be met

I don't have a ton of time to write out a huge post about why I love America (but not as much as Canada...) because it's now 11:30 at night and my eyes are trying to close as I type. BUT I will leave you with this list:

  • NEW YORK CITY
  • Cheap liquor
  • Las Vegas
  • Disneyworld
  • Cheap liquor
  • Chipotle
  • Mall of America
  • Cheap liquor
  • Benihana's
  • Snicker's Ice Cream
Happy Independence Day!
Allieology

11 comments:

  1. I'm also Canadian (wohoo), but NYC, Las Vagas and their snickers ice creams are my absolutely favourite thing about America!!

    xo,
    http://iwriteaboutyou.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why cant the Snickers ice cream come to us?!?!

      Delete
  2. Mm, Snickers ice cream. Definitely a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheap Liquor, Chipotle, and Ice Cream: Nailed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Those three things would be my 'last meal' if it ever came to that! haha

      Delete
  4. Cheap liquor for the win. My favourite American thing.

    Also... we have a Chipotle here in Vancouver - you're in the wrong Canadian city, girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do?! How did I not know this!! I need to go there like.. today.

      Delete
  5. Well, NOW I have that song stuck in my head... so thanks for that. Actually, I don't mind that song so it's nbd.

    I have yet to visit a chipotle. My BFF and I were desperately trying to find one on our American adventure last summer, so we googled it and it turned out that the closest one was actually in Vancouver (as mentioned above). Still have yet to visit it, but it's on the list.

    Yes, the cheap liquor is nice.

    I'm having a hard time getting over the fact that you have to go to the US to visit a Starbucks. I could probably live without one as long as there is a cute locally owned coffee shop that makes brilliant lattes nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so glad you have a Target now! Life without it = tragic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully before they came to Canada I was still able to go to the one in Minot all the time. I couldn't imagine life without Target!!

      Delete
  7. I like the way you think! Liquor is a must. Can you take liquor over the border. I really don't know how all that works. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com