July 29, 2014

Scooby's Interview...

I made it to Day 26 and then I failed at the Blog Everyday in July challenge


I've been home from Vegas for less than 24 hours and already had it pointed out to me by my Mama and sister that I failed at blogging everyday in July (thanks guys...). Blogging from my iPhone was just waay too hard - the spacing was just ridiculous and no matter what I did it would just get worse. Also, I couldn't add any pictures (or gifs!) and where's the fun in that?!  Next time I go on vacation I am going to make it a priority to schedule some posts (I may regret that statement later...)

Since I had already interviewed Scooby in anticipation of Sunday's prompt for Blog Everyday in July -  Interview Someone, I figured I needed to actually post the answers to the questions.  Especially since Scooby just started reading my blog last night (she  doesn't even have IG, Twitter, or (gasp!) Snapchat. I don't know how she functions...)

A little background on my friendship with Scooby (real name: Jessica). Scooby and I first met in Grade Two, when her family moved to O-town. Next to my friend Jayben, whom I've been friends with since Kindergarten, she's my oldest friend. Scooby and I have flown across the world together.  Went on 18 hour road trips in 36 hours time. Traveled to NYC and now Vegas together. The nickname Scooby came to be in the living room of Mri's apartment in Harrisburg, PA two summer's ago when Scooby and I were visiting before we headed to NYC. For some unknown reason she started calling me Kayrah and I told her she sounded like Scooby Doo. The rest is history. So without further adieu, my interview with Scooby

1. What's your hidden talent?  I can flip a Pringle on my tongue
I've known her for almost 20 years (!!!!) and yet had no idea she had this 'talent'. The day after asking her these questions we had Pringles and I forgot to make her show me :(

2. What's your favorite TV show? Kayla, that's a hard one! Umm. Ummm. Probably Hell's Kitchen
On Thursday, the night we flew to Vegas, she was so worried because it was the season finale of Hell's Kitchen and she didn't want to find out the winner without watching the show. Somehow, she made it back to Canada without finding the answer. It was a Christmas miracle considering we ate at Gordon Ramsay's Pub & Grill on Sunday 

3. Name someone you admire. My mom
Her mom is pretty awesome. AND has a super cute British accent and makes the best Christmas baking on Earth. (Think talking her up on my blog will get me extra Christmas baking this year Scoob????)

4. Who is Canada's current Prime Minister? Stephen Harper
 (After I asked her this question she gives me a super weird look. She doesn't understand blogging - like at all - so doesn't understand that the majority of bloggers are American) 

5. Do you prefer cake or pie? Cake
Side story: On Saturday we had supper at The Cheesecake Factory in Caesar's Forum Shops. We ordered cheesecake after eating our supper (duh) and imagine my surprise and embarrassment when our waiter comes out with my cheesecake complete with a lit candle and the words 'Happy Birthday Kayla' in chocolate sauce on the plate while also singing 'Happy Birthday' and encouraging everyone seated around us to also do so. I was ready to crawl under the table. I immediately blamed Scooby and I'm pretty sure I told her I hated her about 5 times while everyone finished singing ... only to then be told that it was all our waiters idea, after seeing that I'd just had a birthday when he ID'd me when I ordered my Moscow Mule. So, sorry for cussing you out at the Cheesecake Factory Scoob! Also, I'm sorry I laughed at you that time you got diarrhea at Barnes and Noble. And I'm sorry for telling everyone about it. And I'm sorry for repeating it now

6. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? My Mom's spaghetti
Fast forward to Sunday afternoon, and she asks me to change her answer to Grilled Cheese

7. What's your favorite memory of (or with) me? That's hard! Probably our trip to New York. Maybe the time you passed out on Mri's lawn. That was pretty funny


I wasn't 'passed out', Scoob. I was tired and was having a rest while you tried to get Mri out of the car and into the house. Get it straight!

8. Quote a movie, any movie, right now. On Wednesday's we wear pink

Source
9. Did the last question give you a little bit of anxiety? A little bit. I couldn't think of anything but Mean Girls. But now I feel like its a little cliche because everybody's going to quote Mean Girls
Maybe she does understand blogging after all...

10. Name something inappropriate you always laugh at. When kids fall. It's bad. Like when kids are hurt at school. I try my hardest not to though 
Scooby is a middle school teacher. A bad one, obviously, who laughs at kids when they get hurt...


Thanks for playing along Scooby! I was worried that you would scoff at me when I asked to interview you but you just went with it! Oh, and you're welcome for not digging up the embarrassing elementary and junior high school pictures of us. For now, anyways...

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaa I laugh when kids fall too or anyone for that matter, I can't help it I laugh at inappropriate times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha this was great! i love spaghetti and mean girls and when kids fall.. oops!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com