July 24, 2014

Throwing It Back To 1987...

As soon as I saw what the prompt for Blog Everyday in July was going to be for today's date I knew that it was going to work out perfectly for me. You see, today's prompt is - July 24th: Throwback Thursday. Breakout the baby pictures and start looking up how much a gallon of gas used to cost. We want to know what the world was like the year you were born - aaaaand today just so happens to be my birthday!


76b81-fallenmelodylj7b
Source
27 years ago I was born at the Oxbow Union Hospital, just three days after my big sister Toni's 2nd birthday. I googled 'events that happened on July 24, 1987' and along with a bunch of useless information, I was informed that if I was born right on schedule,  then I was conceived on October 31, 1986. Ewww. Just. Ewwww. Way to ruin one of my favourite holidays Mama...

The biggest news that I could find from this day in 1987 was that IBM-PC DOS Version 3.3 (updated) released. Whatever the hell that means... But, since I can't find any interesting news from back in the day, I will instead show you some awesome throwbacks of birthdays past. And some adorable baby pictures because I was ca-ute



















As you can see, I was the cutest baby ever. Oh, and Toni was going through a phase where she never wore clothes to try and take the attention off of me... Also, when you and your sister have birthdays only three days apart you will never (like, ever) get a birthday party on your own. Joint birthday parties for life

As you probably already know, my birthday present to myself is a trip to Vegas, and I fly out tonight (whoop whoop!). I'm a little sad that I won't get to spend the day with my family but my Mama owes me a birthday supper when I get back (#spoiled). Already this morning I've gotten the sweetest video on Snapchat from my nieces wishing me a Happy Birthday. Everybody say it with me now 'Awwwwww'

Unfortunately I've put off packing long enough and I've found that no matter how much I think about it, my suitcase still doesn't pack itself. So with that, I'm off! Happy Thursday y'all!

Allieology

18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely enjoyed the trip but am already missing Vegas like craaazy!

      Delete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'd tell you to have a great time celebrating in Vegas but, really! Really!
    Oh, and it's so funny because we used to have that exact same chair (the 70's brown flowered one)!! haha Oh it brings back so many memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I was 17 years old back in 1987 I know exactly what DOS was! You were indeed a cute baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Have a blast in Vegas :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, beautiful! Have an amazing trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday and man does your brother every look like you dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mallory! And yes, they are basically twins! My mom and sister are total dopplegangers when you look back at pictures of my mom from when she was young too. I just look like my aunts - I have a conspiracy theory that my Dad is actually my uncle! LOL

      Delete
  7. Go pack, get to the airport, and get going on your vacation!!!! Have the best birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Do you have great timing, or what? My little sister was born ten days after my fifth birthday - I think we narrowly missed joint birthday parties forever and ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, what great timing I have! I place most of the blame on my parents though! HA. Ten days is a good amount - my nieces are exactly 4 years & a week apart and are still stuck with having joint parties!

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday!! Perfect timing for this linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! And yes, it worked out PERFECTLY for me :)

      Delete
  10. Aw, happy birthday! That first gif was too freaking funny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! Hope you are having a fantastic day!! Love the timing of this prompt for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh I love it! I'm pretty sure my parents/grandparents all had that same tile, carpet AND COUCH! LOL!! Happy Birthday, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!!! 1987 was a great year (you're a little over 2 months older than me) ;) Have a GREAT trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com