August 20, 2014

Do You Enjoy Sitting On A Bench?...

Sometimes, more often than not, my weekends are so laid back and free of events that I have nothing to recap about my weekend come Monday. Other times, like this past weekend for instance, my weekends are jam packed full of things, but come Monday I just don't have the energy to write it all out. Since I didn't get around to doing a weekend recap on Monday, I'm doing a little photo dump from my iPhone with some shenanigans from the last week or so

1. I went to meet my newest cousin and get some snuggles last Thursday night.  Aylah Hildy was born on August 13th and we've only been waiting four years(!) for another baby girl on the Mathison side, since Graycie Bear was born. I'm so excited that she's finally here!


2. Graycie Bear was loving on Miss Aylah. She kept 'petting' her head and didn't want to give her up. Also, she keeps telling everyone at daycare that the baby's name is 'Oscar' (Insert crying/laughing emoji here)


3. Toni and I headed to the Queen City on Saturday to attend the wedding of our high school friend Angie. Becca and Scooby, two other friends from high school, were in the wedding party and (other than the stagette in July) it was the first time in a loooong time that all of us have been together


4. Mama Bear sent me this while we were at the hotel getting ready for the wedding. They were watching the Rider game at the camper (in the rain, no less) and four of the six dogs there turned into lap dogs. Also, my parents and their friends are total rednecks but we love them through it


5. The only picture I managed to get of us at the reception. I didn't even manage to get a picture with Angie (the bride) or Becca.  I'm a terrible blogger


6. I couldn't go to the city and be minutes away from Starbucks without getting one. Also, I'm pretty sure there is unicorn tears in Starbucks drinks because I felt SO much better after finishing that thing. Let's just say that Toonie bars and I do not get along. Before the dance had even started the bartenders at the wedding just knew to pour me 'the usual' as I walked  up to the bar...


7. The girls spent the night at their Dad's parents, in a town 45 minutes outside of the city. We were 10 minutes away from picking them up on Sunday morning when Toni got a text saying that we could take our time in the city because they had plans with the girls until 2:00. Since we were ten minutes away we needed something to do around the area. Luckily, there's a beach about 15 minutes away so we headed down there to waste some time


8. 'Do you enjoy sitting on a bench'?. One of my favourite HIMYM quotes (from the Dual Citizenship episode). Toni said she is going to make an online dating profile that lists 'sitting on benches' as one of her hobbies


9. I went out to my parents camper before going to the drive-in on Sunday night so I could see my baby for awhile. When I went to leave there were two calves out of their fence - I felt bad for them, but not bad enough to get out of my car to help them #sorryimnotsorry


10. Remember number 11 from yesterday's Guilty Pleasures post? You best believe that I got some movie theatre popcorn while at the drive-in with Kenton and Kels on Sunday. Also, I gotta say it - Sex Tape was not as good as I thought it was going to be. But I got to cross another item off my Summer Bucket List so it all worked out!


11. As we drove into town after the drive in, a block away from my house, Kelsey and Kenton saw something moving on the highway. What we first thought was a rat (ewww) turned out to be a muskrat (efffff) and Tuxedo, the cat that lives in the bushes behind our house, was chasing it. Kenton got out of the vehicle and proceeded to take a bunch of pictures of the muskrat, before it tried attacking him. Now I'm afraid to leave my house


12. In honour of Shark Week 2014 coming to an end I dressed Bear and Krickit up in shark costumes. See number 4 from yesterday's post...


13. I was having a conversation with Kels via Snapchat and needed a picture of anything to send. Luna was perched on the back of my chair, eating my hair (she's super weird) so I quickly snapped a picture, then proceeded to burst out laughing when I looked at it and saw that she was in the middle of licking her lips. Cats are cute


As you can probably tell from the title of my post, I just was not in the mood to be witty or have to use my brain at all with this post. And sometimes that's okay. But I do have a question for y'all -  Is it the weekend yet?! This girl needs a day to SLEEP!

8 comments:

  1. MUSKRAT! Ahhhhhh. I live in a subdivision in Ontario, and we had one on our porch in the winter! How grossssssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still dying at that shark costume and now I want starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to be the same way - either nothing happens during my weekend, or everything happens all at once. Sounds like you had a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost, almost. It's close enough. I love the randomness of this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it's better to be having so much fun that you forget to take photos! Also, I love roadside cows, they make me way too excited! Agreed on Sex Tape, it was funny but not the best thing I'd ever seen, by the end I was just like, "ok, can we wrap this up already?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously, is it the weekend yet?! lol. i dont drink coffee but seriously starbucks anything is amazing, unicorn tears - love it! i daresay you are always witty lol. my weekends are either all lazy or non stop go go go. never in between

    ReplyDelete
  8. That baby is absolutely precious! And I love drive-ins…they are so much fun, but I ESPECIALLY love popcorn. :)

    -Ash
    www.thenashvillianblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com