August 29, 2014

Oh Hey, Friday...

Let me start this by saying HELLO FRIDAY (took you long enough to get here...)! This past week of work has been the busiest of the Summer, which is the reason for the lack of posts this week. I haven't even been able to finish an entire cup of coffee once this week, I've been that busy. It's a travesty, considering coffee usually runs through my body like blood. Anywhoodle, once I finally manage to leave work I'm just way to exhausted to even think of opening my laptop to write out a post for the next day. However, tonight I've managed to stave off the yawns, have poured myself a glass of wine, and am finally going to get a post done!

Now that we've got the reason for my lack of posts this week out of the way, let's move on to more interesting content. Raise your hand if you're pumped for the long weekend! (I'm envisioning a sea of hands right now). I'm still not exactly sure what my plans are for this long weekend - nothing like waiting until the last minute! If the weather is good I'm going to head up to my aunt and uncle's cabin in MB on Saturday for the night with Toni and the girls (and the Twin will be there too). If it's not nice, I'm probably going to cry! I'm sick and tired of rain! Doesn't Mother Nature know it's SUMMER?!Sunday is the Labour Day Classic so I will be propping myself in front of the TV with a cooler full of drinks by my side with a kitten in my lap   to watch the Riders kick some Bombers ass. But other than those two things, my weekend plans are still open. And that's probably a good thing because I still have a lot of things to cross off of my Summer Bucket List!

I've heard people calling this upcoming weekend the 'last weekend of Summer' and I just want to shake everyone I've heard saying that. Summer is NOT over until the 22nd thankyouverymuch. Okay, so maybe part of the reason I'm so adamant that Summer is not over until the 22nd is because I still have so many things to cross off of my Summer Bucket List. Actually, speaking of Summer, I have a bit of a confession to make. If you've been around here before you'll know that my love of Summer has no bounds. However, lately I've been looking forward to Fall a LOT and it's making me super conflicted. On one hand, I love Summer so much that I don't want to see it ever end. But on the other hand I'm really looking forward to wearing boots and scarves, and drinking hot Starbucks drinks again. And Halloween of course. I'm sure that once Fall finally is here I'll be missing Summer like crazy, so I better make the most of what little is left of this season!

Okay, enough rambling. On to my five things for Oh Hey, Friday

One

I've been missing my baby so much lately. My parents completely spoil her and don't like to leave her at home while I'm gone to work so she has been spending almost every day and night out at the dam, camping with my parents (and Bear and Kirby). I've barely even seen her this past week :( I'm taking a staycation at the end of September/beginning of October since I have holiday days to use up and I can't wait to spend some quality time with my girl. Being a working 'mama' is HARD! I don't know how real Mama's (aka not puppy mama's) do it! 

Two

After the Twin and I did our 5K on the weekend we picked up Kenton and Kels and then met up with my cousin and his wife for drinks at a bar close to our hotel. After some fishbowls, the picture below accurately represents how many shots were too many shots in one drink. Also, I worry for the photographer at Kenton and Kels' wedding....


Three

I finally bit the bullet and bought myself the Urban Decay Naked3 palette while I was in Minot on the weekend. I have the Naked2 palette and LOVE it; however, after dropping it on the ceramic tile in my bathroom one too many times I now only have about 6 colours left in that palette so it was time for a new one! Now I just need to spend a day watching some tutorials!


Four

Remember Spinderella, the outside cat that follows me and Krickit on walks? Well, yesterday while on my lunch break my Mama led me outside to show me that sometime within the last few days that same cat has become a Mama to three adorable little babies. Gimme all the kittens! (Insert heart-eyed-cat-face emoji here)

Five

I'm more than ready for Starbucks to open up shop in my tiny little town of 1,200 people. I'm going through withdrawals ya'll. It could have something to do with the lack of caffeine this week, but I have actually been dreaming of Starbucks drinks almost every night this week! HELP!


3 comments:

  1. Your puppy is seriously SO CUTE!! I would be missing her too! Enjoy your long weekend girlfriend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the term "anywhoodle". And that dog is so freaking cute!! Visiting from oh Hey Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw how cute is your puppy. love it. hope you had a good weekend and are enjoying naked 3 - i love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com