September 15, 2014

Birthday Girl...

Eight years ago in the wee hours of September 15th my cell phone rang. Heart pounding, woken from a dead sleep, I answered. Most of the time when the phone rings in the middle of the night you expect the worst; however, this was the call I had been waiting on for what seemed like forever. I was finally, officially, an auntie. The first words my Dad said to me were 'Hi Auntie'. The rest of our conversation was a complete blur - I couldn't even remember it 2 minutes after hanging up, let alone 8 years later. I do remember thinking that I should go back to sleep because I had a class early that morning but I was too anxious and excited. At the time I was living 6 hours away from home, attending my first year of College

I first met her when she was one week old (silly school for getting in the way). The 6 hour drive home took forever - I just couldn't get home fast enough to see her. At the time there was no Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc. I'd had to hound my brother relentlessly (and get my Mama on his case) to email me pictures of my newborn niece

The first time I held her I never wanted to let go. She's been such a huge part of my life for the past 8 years and will always hold such a special place in my heart. She's full of spunk, which sometimes means we don't always see eye to eye on everything, but I wouldn't change her for anything

Happy 8th Birthday Audie-Rae Lynn!



ChiTown Girl: Just haven't been in a very bloggy place...

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to her!!! Aunts are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to her! She's obviously blessed with an Aunt who loves her very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to her! Love the postcard btw, I can't wait to have a niece! Nephews are fun but the clothes just are not as cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com