October 29, 2014

Take Me To Vegas...

Hey y'all! I had a completely different post planned for today but it got pushed to another day because I'm so excited I could burst. I'M GOING TO VEGAS IN THREE WEEKS! I'm just a little bit excited, can you tell?

As mentioned in Monday's post, I've been trying to convince my Mama to go to Vegas with me for weeks. When it comes to a vacation I don't ever need convincing - just tell me where and when and I'm there, so I never thought it would be so hard to convince someone to go to Vegas. Now, I know I'm supposed to be on a budget, and I've lamented a few times how not having a vacation planned until next Spring (Vegas for my future SIL's stagette) made me ridiculously sad. BUT I received an email from Total Rewards for free nights at my favourite hotel, The Flamingo and who could pass that up?. I know the only reason they have those offers is because they want you to come back to gamble away all your money, and obviously it worked on me. Pair free nights hotel with cheap cheap flights and there is just no saying no. The trip is my Mama Bear's Christmas present and I still can't believe how inexpensive it is for both of our flights. I've paid our combined total for flights alone (and still had to pay for hotel) many times. Have I mentioned this will be my 9th trip to Vegas? To say I love it is an understatement. 

We only have 2 1/2 days there which means jamming a lot of things into a little amount of time. I can't wait to show my Mama all my favourite places and to get a good start on Christmas shopping at the outlet malls! Oh, and to spend my leftover $100 from my July Vegas winnings on the slots, trying to turn my $100 into $500 (or more!). Wish me luck!


Side note: Last night while updating my FB status - the first time in MONTHS - about how excited I am that I get to show my Mama around my 2nd favourite city (NYC is first, obvi) I clicked on my friend requests and was shocked to see some familiar faces from blogland being suggested as friends.  I feel slightly stalkerish that I now know everyone's last names. And a little creeped out that its so easy now to find someone. What's the deal with this? I'm glad I've always been easy to stalk by including my last name in my email - otherwise I'd be way more creeped out than I am. I mentioned it to my sister last night and as a blog reader (and future blogger, right Toni...) she had already seen it mentioned around the Twittersvere. I guess that's what I get for being too busy for social media the past couple days!

Happy Humpday!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun in Vegas. I've always wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to give me suggestions for when I go in December!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayyyy Vegas!!! I love it so much. Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com