November 17, 2014

Vegas Bound...

This weekend was one of the first weekends in awhile that I've done something other than work on things around the house or just lay in bed watching Netflix while recovering from having wisdom teeth surgery. Friday night I went to my brother and sister in laws house and played Cards Against Humanity and had some drinks with them and our sister Toni. My nieces were at their Dad's for the weekend (which very rarely happens) so we  don't get to have a kid free night of hanging out very often. It was much needed and there were many, many laughs. Also, I love that my brother and his fiance are just as into Christmas as I am - they already have their tree up and we listened to the Christmas music tv channel while we played cards - I loved every minute of it. Our older sister just shakes her head at us. I don't know where we went wrong with her...

LOVE it!

I didn't feel well on Saturday - I'm still not quite 100% since my surgery (and no it wasn't from drinking - I only had one drink!). I had big plans of getting most of my Christmas decorations up but unfortunately that is just going to have to wait until we get back from Vegas. I did finally take down the last of my Halloween decorations and hauled them back down to the basement so at least that got knocked off my list. My biggest accomplishment of the day was getting my nails painted - which took over an hour from start to finish due to my indecisiveness and need to paint almost every finger a different colour. I never seem to make things easier for myself...

My nail beds suck (name that movie!)

Sunday was a jam packed day. My sister invited me as her plus one to a work event in a neighbouring town. Her work rented out the movie theatre and we watched 'Fury' and got to eat all the snacks our little hearts desired. I wasn't sure I was going to like the movie, especially since I am NOT a Brad Pitt fan (#teamaniston) but I was completely surprised that I loved the movie. I guess I should start giving more movies a chance

After the movie we headed back to O-town to get ready to watch the Western Semi-Final game. Unfortunately, 'our' playoff dreams are over after 'we' lost the game. Our starting QB still wasn't 100% ready after an injury in August and we just couldn't pull out the win without him.  I think the fact that we are the 2013 Grey Cup champs is the only reason that the loss didn't hit me as hard as it normally would.  Now I have to decide which team I'm going to cheer for in the Grey Cup game. As long as the Stamps don't win I think I'll be okay with any outcome

But enough about all that - lets get on to the exciting part of this post:

Its here, its here, its FINALLY here! You would think that after eight trips to Sin City that the novelty would have worn off by now but that is so not the case with me. I'm just as excited today as I was the first time I went in 2008 because this is my Mama's first trip to Vegas and her first time ever flying - I love that I get to experience this with her!

It's a chilly -18 C here in O-town and with the wind chill it feels like -27. Obviously I'm more than ready for some nicer weather. We fly out at 8:30 tonight and get to Vegas at 9:20. Have I told you how much I love Allegiant airlines and their direct flights?!

I've got my bags mostly packed (as soon as I get this post done I'm finishing, I promise), Amy Poehler's 'Yes, Please' in my purse to read on the plane (I can't wait - I love her!), and I'm just counting down the minutes until we head out. Have I mentioned that I've been up since 3:30 this morning? I'm one of those people who can't sleep the night before exciting events - I'm pretty sure I only get about 2 hours sleep total every Christmas Eve...

Source
The only real concrete plans we have made are to hit up Margaritaville, go shopping at the outlets, and play Grandpa's favourite slots at Circus Circus on his birthday. We just haven't had a chance to all get together to discuss our 'plan of attack' for the next few days yet -  good thing we have a 2 hour drive  to the airport today to get all that out of the way. Mama is the only one that hasn't been to Vegas and I was just there in July and my cousin Jen was just there in October so we shouldn't have too many problems figuring out our plans

Considering I haven't even recapped my July Vegas trip I probably shouldn't make any empty promises but I have full confidence in myself that I will get this trip recapped. Hopefully with a story about how I hit it big on the slots!....

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I love Christmas and the fact that you are going to Vegas. So close to me, but still so far away. Have so much fun and Allegiant air is the bomb dot com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your trip!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about the details! Also, I think I now need to have a Cards Against Humanity + Christmas music night. It sounds absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MEAN GIRLS quote!!! ;) But I think your nail looks fabulous-- I can barely paint mine one shade and make it look decent, so props to you! ;) ENJOY that trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time flying ever...what what?? That's crazy. I love flying. I hope you guys have a kickbutt time! I'm sure she's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com