November 26, 2014

Word Vomit...

Hi, my name is Kayla and it's been 8 days since I last published a post. Hi Kayla.  I've spent way to much time in the past apologizing for not posting consistently so I'm not going to do that. Instead, I'm going to get straight into this post with a bunch of word vomit, since I feel like I have so much to say due to the lack of posting. Here we go: 

Source
First some super exciting news: one of my best friends got engaged last night! I was in the middle of brushing my teeth when I saw that she was calling my cell and for a split second I thought about letting it go to voicemail and calling her back when I was done but there was this voice in the back of my head telling me to answer immediately. So, with a mouth full of toothpaste, I answered. Her and her now fiance have been together for over 7 years and get razzed all the time about when they are going to finally tie the knot so I'm sure they are glad to finally get everybody off their backs. Now the fun part begins - the planning!

Beaver Cove Cookie Exchange 2013 with my (now) newly engaged bestie!
Blanket scarves were everywhere in Vegas. I found the cutest one in Abercrombie while shopping at the Fashion Show Mall but the $60+ price tag turned me off. I scored two from American Eagle on a buy one get one 50% off sale and they arrived when I got back from Vegas. Thanks so much to Ashten for introducing me to the blanket scarf and for the tutorial. I'm pretty sure I'll wear mine every single day this Winter! The one pictured below is the Holiday Red and to say I'm obsessed would be an understatement


Mama Bear survived her first ever plane ride! More on our Vegas trip tomorrow, including why you shouldn't take advantage of an open bar on the High Roller the night before you have to board a plane for home...


I have to bake tonight for a bakesale for work tomorrow and can't come up with anything original to make. I feel like I always make the same ole' things over and over. If you have a tried and true recipe send it my way! Also, so much baking has already been dropped off and there is so much temptation sitting in my office - I'm lucky I made it home for my lunch break without tearing into it all

Source
Christmas is only 28 days away y'all! I managed to start and finish all of my shopping for my nieces while in Vegas so now I've just got a few more presents to buy. For someone who is as obsessed with Christmas as I am I still don't have any Christmas decorations up - that will change this weekend! Candy Cane, the girls elf, will be making her appearance for this Christmas season. The girls are going to be SO excited!


I was supposed to head to the Queen City tomorrow to get my braces (finally) put on but apparently my appointment was for today (I think they messed up - I SWEAR they told me the 27th!) so now I am heading there on Monday. I get one more braces free weekend to chew all the gum and eat all the popcorn (haha)

Well, that's all the word vomit I can think of for now. Happy Humpday!

2 comments:

  1. I've never done the Elf on the Shelf...I really want to do it this year...but I probably won't, haaa..there's my word vomit. I wish I could help on the baking aspect but I'm terrible. Not creative at all! Good luck! Visit Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  2. UMmmmm I totally need that sweatshirt and that blanket scarf. This reminds me that I haven't been to American Eagle in foreverrr!!! (mainly because I always have to go up a size in their jeans and that makes me crazy but thats another story)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com