December 22, 2014

Cookie Swap 2014...


This past weekend was a complete whirlwind. Yesterday was Beaver Cove's 3rd Annual Cookie Swap in 'the city'. I spent ALL DAY Saturday doing up most of my Christmas baking for family, friends, and the cookie swap. On Saturday alone I made:

4 doz. Monster Cookies

1 1/2 doz. Rolo Pretzel Delights

4 1/2 doz Pretzel Kisses

3 doz. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

3 doz. Cookies & Cream Cookies

2 batches Muddy Buddies (otherwise known as Puppy Chow)

3 doz. Reese's Oatmeal Cookies 

3 doz. Peanut Butter Blossoms

3 doz. Whipped Shortbread M & M cookies

2 batches Shreddie Snack Mix

2 batches Chex Mix


I still have a few things to make but I need to clear up some counter space first and deliver some baking trays to friends of the family. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for going all out with my Christmas baking but I absolutely LOVE doing it - it just wouldn't be Christmas without it - and with my new Kitchen Aid mixer (that I got for a steal of a deal on Amazon on Black Friday!) I swear my time was cut in half from last year. I got way more accomplished in one day this year than I ever have!


We were missing two Beaver Cove members at this years Cookie Swap - the Twin was at her Mom's family Christmas in the states and Amanda moved back to Nunavut in July :( We were able to Facetime with Amanda (I LOVE technology!) and that made us less sad that she wasn't around for this years festivities.  The whipped shortbread (that I added M & M's too because YOLO) is Amanda's mom's recipe so it was almost like she had contributed to the swap this year!


The goodies that I came home with. There is seriously no Kitchen counter space left right now!


Another successful Beave Cove Town Council Cookie Swap is in the books.  Thank you Nikki for hosting at your new place!

1 comment:

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com