December 4, 2014

Return of the Elf...

On Monday, Candy Cane (my nieces elf), returned for this holiday season. I'm sure you've all heard of Elf on the Shelf - the ridiculously overpriced 'doll' that you buy at Target (there are other places but Targets my fav) and use to try and get your children (or in my case, nieces) to behave during the Christmas season. Try being the operative word because as much as I stress that both Candy Cane and Santa are both watching them, my nieces still beat each other up on the regular


This is my third year of doing the elf for my nieces and only three days into this year I'm already running out of ideas. Pinterest is great, but some people get a little too crazy with their elf ideas and aint nobody got time for that! I usually think about it 5 minutes before the girls get to my parents house and I'm in a mad rush to get her put out so she's not in the same spot as the night before. I'm hoping that I can recycle some ideas this year from the first year and the girls will be none the wiser. Kids have the memories of goldfish right? Oh wait, never mind. They remember EVERYTHING. Wish me luck on this years elf 'adventures'. (I need it!)

The girls saying goodbye to Candy Cane last year on Christmas Eve
What are your thoughts on Elf on the Shelf? Share them in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Elf! I kind of have a love/hate thing for the whole Elf on a Shelf. I think it's an awesome idea to help kids behave, but I also think it's borderline creepy... still, I'll be interested to see all the ideas and stories about it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to do this!!! My niece and nephew are too big for it, but when I have kids I will definitely do it! I bet your nieces love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com