January 8, 2015

January Goals...

Happy 2015 y'all! I shouldn't even admit this out loud but I didn't even make it until midnight on NYE. I worked a 10 hour day and then came home to make a Mexican feast (aka copycat Chipotle burrito bowls - Mmm!) for the family and after all that I was ready for bed by 10:00. NYE around these parts isn't spend doing a whole lot - there never is anything going on and the bars in this tiny town aren't worth wasting your time or money. So I crawled into bed at 10:00, snuggled up with Krickit and watched some Gilmore Girls until I fell asleep. Party animal I am not! 

I've only written 2014 once so far this year so 2015 is off to a pretty good start already (insert crying laughing face emoji here).  2015 is going to be a GREAT year, I can just feel it! And what a better way to start out my 2015 posts than by setting a few monthly goals?!
1. Finish up a few 'loose end' posts from last year (aka my Texas and Vegas trips).
Vacation recaps are the hardest posts to write - recapping them while I'm back at home in O-town just makes me a super sad panda that I'm no longer enjoying a vacation. I could just say 'screw it' but 90% of the reason I blog is so I can look back at this space and remember how I spent my time so I want to make sure everything is accounted for 

2. Set up my new blogging space.
I am SO excited about this y'all! Remember that gorgeous white desk from my Santa Baby... post? Well that gorgeous white desk is now sitting in my porch waiting to get set up! I got a Target gift card for Christmas and while in the Queen City yesterday I used the gift card to purchase the desk I've been coveting for months. My current blogging space consists of my laptop perched on my lap while I sit in bed and it is not working out at all. I can't wait to have my little space set up so I can finally have a space for this hobby of mine. 2015 is going to be the best year for KUWK yet!  Now I just need a chair like this one and my space will be nearly complete. Stay tuned for an updated post about my new blogging space! 

3. Get an oil change for Eleanor. 
The whole '5,000 miles or every 3 months' thing never happens. It usually takes my Dad bugging me about it before it finally gets done. The message centre in my SUV started reminding me last week that I'm due for one so I picked up all the supplies while in the city yesterday and now I just have to get my Dad to do it. I am extremely confident that this is one item that will be crossed off the list this month

4. Send out 5 forms of snail mail. 
My Beaver Cove friends are still waiting on the rest of their Christmas gifts to arrive via snail mail but I'm not counting that for this month since they should have went out in December (I'm terrible, I know). Laura, Kristy, Kenji, & Taig be on the look out for some snail  mail soon! 

5. Have a wine/crafting night with Kelsey.
  Kelsey getting the flu in December kiboshed our plans for it the week of Christmas :( We both got sewing machines for Christmas (and were ridiculously excited about it) so I foresee many sewing nights in our future. The EFC is holding some adult programming this month and one is a beginners sewing class and Kels and I signed up for it - we need all the help we can get!

6. Complete my work 'to do' list of projects whittled down  and also learn to delegate some of these projects.
I am definitely an overachiever and also not very good at delegating, My mantra is 'if you want something done right, do it yourself''. I already have a very large work load and all these extra projects I keep putting on myself is not helping my stress levels- this month I want to delegate to ease my stress levels and also boost the confidence of my employees by allowing them to help with certain tasks

7. Have a mini freezer meal making day. 
I've been wanting to do this for forever and though I don't want to spend a whole lot of money in the next few months this is one 'project' I'm willing to put some money into this month so that on the nights I work late there is always something ready at home 

8. Form a habit with my new fitness routine. 
2015 is going to be a great year health and fitness wise for me! It needs to be since I have a bridesmaids dress to look good in come August! I'm planning on writing out my fitness goals this week and will have a post sometime next week all about it. Also, getting my bottom braces put on will definitely help with losing weight - there isn't a whole lot I can eat with both of them on now!

9. Update my 30X30 list. 
I really, really slacked at working on my list in 2014 - I pretty much completely forgot all about it. I took a look at it the other day though and realized there's quite a few things I can work on/accomplish this month alone

10. Work on a new monthly budget for 2015. 2015 is a big year for me. I have new payments starting this month for my braces, a commitment to up the amount of money I'm putting away eacb money for a down payment on my future home, some travel goals, as well as a wedding and a bachelor/bachelorette party trip that will need to be saved for


What are your January goals?

2 comments:

  1. I really love reading 2015 goal posts - its become a weird new year obsession for me.
    Also I was like craft nights with Kelsey? i'm in.
    There ar so many goals i want to comment on - without clogging your comments - Food Prep - I need to do this to - to have meals ready made is the dream!
    Fitness routine - it always has to be included, but it great to think of new and fun ways at the start of the year to tackle it, its a big one
    Budget - (also I am half way through my braces, so paying for them was a big thing for me last year!) I need to get on top of mine too, way to many clothes and Vino's over the festive season has left me like wtf, where is all my money!
    Lastly - YAY totally agree that 2015 is going to be a cracker year I love it that there are people around to get pumped up about it with!!
    Kelsey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's pick a night where we can craft across the ocean 'together'! haha

      Delete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com