March 26, 2015

I'd Like To Thank The Academy...

My friend Laura 'nominated' me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award last week and then I completely forgot all about it! Who does that?! All week long I've been struggling, trying to find words to put to paper (so to speak) to make a post, when I finally remembered that I still need to answer Laura's questions. If I don't write things down they never get done when they are supposed to!


Laura's questions:

1. What is the very first thing you do in the morning and the very last thing you do before going to sleep?
The very first thing I do in the morning is check my phone - IG, Twitter, FB, and Snapchat. I'm obsessive. Followed by letting Krickit out because I don't want her to pee in my bed. The very last thing I do before going to sleep at night is check my phone, then start tracking my sleep on my FitBit app

2. What are your favorite boy name & girl name for your future children (I know you have them) or just in general...?
I actually have a list in my phone of my favourite names, even though I am nowhere near the point in my life of having kids (I'm crazy, I know). Krickit was actually at the top of my list and I'm kind of sad that I named my dog it because now I won't be able to name my kid it. (It's an actual name people!) My siblings and I all have K names and I think that's something I will continue on with my children (even if they are only fur children) but I don't want to give away my favourites so people who are actually going to have children within the near future can steal them. So instead I'll leave you with some of my favourite non-K names: Charlotte, Dawson, Dempsey, Elliotte, Sloan, Sutton, Alba, and Atticus. I also LOVE the name Annistyn for a girl but a friend of mine just named her baby girl that :(

3. Where's the farthest place you've ever driven to (or road tripped) why did you go and who were you with?
I have driven from O-town, Saskatchewan to New Braunfels, Texas three times now. The first two times were with my immediate family - mom, dad, brother and sister, and the last time was with my brother and sister law (read about it here). It's a 27 hour drive and when I went last May we drove straight through without stopping to sleep.  My Dad is originally from Northern Alberta (so north you're almost in the Northwest Territories) and the drive to get to Fort Vermillion, where he grew up, is an 18 hour drive and that drive seems even longer than the drive to Texas - its unbearable!

4. What is the best gift you've ever received?
Christopher the Christmas Tree on VHS. My brother just got it for me for Christmas and it was such a thoughtful gift. It's a television show that used to air every Christmas morning around 3:00 am and my siblings and I wouldn't be able to sleep because of all the excitement for Christmas so we would all get into one persons bed and watch Christopher the Christmas Tree. I haven't been able to find it on tv for years now and it really bummed me out, but my brother was able to find a copy on VHS so we can continue the tradition! Runners up include my beer pong table and sewing machine (in that order...)

5. If you could see one person or group in a dream concert (alive or dead) who would it be?
Even though last year's weekend trip to see Luke Bryan was my first official concert I've actually seen tons of other artists at the Craven Country Jamboree - including George Strait, Jason Aldean (blechhh), Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Reba McIntyre, Gretchen Wilson, Dierks Bentley, Kenny Chesney - the list goes on. Thus, I've already seen some of my favourites. But if I had to choose it would be a tie between The Dixie Chicks and Christina Aguilera. I've always been Team Christina and I LOVE the Dixie Chicks - I'm a country girl through and through 

6. What is one food that just grosses you out?
Mushrooms. Ughhh don't even get me started on how rubbery and disgusting they are. Ewww. While at Benihana's in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania a few summers ago I got brave and ate fresh sauteed mushrooms. Then I drank waaay to much celebrating a friends birthday and I blamed it all on the mushrooms. Now I can't even think about eating mushrooms without remembering that all day hangover. The runner up to this question is shrimp and suprisingly enough I tried it while at Benihana's (what is it about that restaurant that gets me to try things I never thought I would?!) at the Mall of America last summer and it tasted like the dirty ocean and felt like I was chewing rubber. It ended up in my napkin. I stand by the fact that I don't eat anything that swims

Source
My reaction the second I put the shrimp in my mouth
7. Has someone close to you lost someone in their family? How did you handle it (this is happening right now to me, help!)
I've only lost my grandparents, which was heartbreaking, but they were also all seniors when they passed so not comparable to other peoples losses. When my parents were young they were in a car accident and two of their friends passed away, including my mom's best friend. They don't like to talk about it to this day - its too hard for them. Sorry I'm not much help!

8. What is your favorite tweet or instagram you've ever shared? Show us the link!
Jeeez Laura you're really making my brain work with these questions! This photo I shared to IG is one of my all time favourites - its the day I brought my Krickit home! (Follow me on IG: @ chiglechic - shameless plug right there...). This one is too cute not to share - my baby trying to drink some Saskatchewan Champagne

9. What is the one purchase you've made on your own that you are most proud of?
Eleanor, my SUV.  I've made all the payments on my own and I'm two years away from finally being vehicle debt free! At the time that I purchased Eleanor I was driving an hour and a half every day on the highways to work (during crazy Canadian winters) and wanted to upgrade to a better vehicle for highway winter driving conditions. All said and done she cost me $46,000 (vehicles are more expensive in Canada, fyi) and if I hadn't bought her I would be waaay closer to my goal amount for my operation down payment plans than I am now, but at the time she was the best decision for the driving conditions that I was facing during the winter. I treat her like a baby and I plan on having her for many, many years to come!

10. What is your job and where do you work (because I'm nosy like that).
I am the Director of a childcare centre in my hometown. I was involved in the entire process of getting the centre opened - from the very first step - so the centre is my baby! I'm almost at my two year anniversary with the Centre and I swear the time has flown by! I don't work on the floor anymore (as we call it) so I don't work directly with the children - I run the centre, hire the staff, supervise the staff, do billing ,payroll, etc., etc. My job description is a mile long and somedays my workload is crazy and I'm stressed to the max and somedays I absolutely LOVE my job and wouldn't imagine doing anything else.

Thanks for 'nominating' me Laura. I don't have enough brain power left in me to actually come up with ten questions of my own so I'm actually only half-assing this. Sorry!

4 comments:

  1. I totally have written list of names (with middle names) because I'm crazy like that. Charlotte is one of my top girl names too! Also I hate mushrooms! Just ick. And that Craven Country Jamboree? SIGN ME UP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Krickit is a super cute name! I named my cat Octavian and I am honestly sad I wasted it on him and didn't save it for a kid, haha. I'm amazed that you have so many responsibilities at work. You go, boss lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Bonus Bitcoin Faucet you may claim free bitcoins. 300 to 5,000 satoshis per 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get free satoshis over at Moon Bitcoin. 514 satoshi per day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com