March 19, 2015

Third Thursday Travel (March 2015)...

Image for I Havent Been Everywhere But Its On My List
Source
I have made no secret of my love of traveling on this little space of mine. Though I wouldn't consider myself an expert, I've done my fair share of traveling and have mega wanderlust. My list of places I want to travel is a mile long at least and I also always want to revisit the same places over and over and over again (helllo Las Vegas...)

Before I get into today's topic for March's Third Thursday Travel (more on it at the bottom of the post), lets first recap the places I've traveled to in my (almost) 28 years of life:

Europe

Rothenburg, Schwangau, Dachau, (Neuschwanstein Castle), & Munich, Germany 
Neuhausen (Rhine Falls), Zurich, & Lucerne, Switzerland 
Austria (Can't remember what area we stopped in. It's been 12 years, cut me some slack!)
Verona & Venice, Italy

North America

San Antonio (2X), New Braunfels (3X) & Corpus Christi, Texas
Las Vegas, Nevada (9X... I think. It's getting hard to keep track!)
Harrisburg & Hershey, Pennsylvania
New York City, New York
Twin Cities (3X), Minnesota 
Ixtapa and Zihuatenejo, Mexico

I've driven through and stopped in various US states on the drive to Texas/train ride to NYC and been all over North Dakota but I don't count them as 'traveling', and I've also been all over Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba and into the eastern part of British Columbia and the western part of Ontario. Now that we've got that out of the way, on to today's post:


Chicago
I don't know what it is about Chicago exactly that has me chomping at the bit to go but it's been at the top of my list for a couple years now. Things I'd like to see/do include visiting Millenium Park (I really want a picture in front of the bean -don't judge!), taking a beer and tasting tour (I've heard amazing things about the restaurant/bar options), watching a game at Wrigley Field, and visiting Lincoln Park Zoo and Navy Pier

New Orleans
My friend Scooby and I were this close booking a trip to New Orleans last year but due to budget restraints we ended up in Las Vegas instead (it always seems to end up that way). I want to stay in the French Quarter and experience everything that it has to offer. I don't think I'd want to go during Mardi Gras though because I'm not the hugest fan of crowds I would love to do a 'haunted' tour, take a streetcar ride, bar hop on Bourbon Street, and visit a jazz club

Seattle
Home to the first ever Starbucks? Sign me up! Other stops would be Pike Place Market (of course), the Space Needle (obvi), discover Discovery Park (see what I did there...), and I'd also love to go on a wine tasting tour and check out the Seattle Public Library (I'm a nerd...)

Emerald Isle
I'm a fan of Sarah Dessen, a YA author (my sister is an even bigger fan, which is how I got into her books) from North Carolina. I follow her on Twitter and she's always mentioning great things to do/see in NC. For years my sister and I have been talking about taking a road trip to a beach town and renting a house steps away from the beach for at least a week - it would be paradise for us to take her girls and get away from everything and just relax. In this vacation scenario our days would consist of finding good brunch spots, parking our butts on the beach for the majority of the day, then finding a good supper spot, followed by a few glasses of wine (for me - most likely a beer for Toni) on the porch later on. And maybe throw a little bit of shopping in there to. Doesn't that sound like perfection?!

Orlando
My aunt and uncle recently purchased a vacation home in Sanford, FL, just a short distance from Orlando and DISNEYWORLD. I want to take my nieces to Disney SOOOO bad! I'm (almost) 28 years old and have never been - that needs to be rectified! Now that my aunt and uncle are so close its a little more feasible budget wise (if only I could convince my sister of that). Also, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Enough said 

Runners-Up include: San Francisco, Austin, Maui, Cape Cod, Charleston, Boonsboro, and Jackson Hole. And I won't kid myself, New York City is always the top of the list but since I've already been there it wasn't included in my top 5

However, even though those are the next 5 places I want to visit in the US, I currently have another Twin Cities and possibly two Las Vegas trips planned for this year. See what I mean about always revisiting the same places! In my defense it is way cheaper to travel to Vegas and the Twin Cities than anywhere else and I just can't not travel. I will get to ALL of the places listed above one day though, just you wait and see!

Linking up with my blog friend Kristie today for Third Thursday Travel - post anything related to travel on the third Thursday of every month!

Kristie's Blue Jeans


What is the one vacation spot you dream of traveling to next?

4 comments:

  1. I made it a point to visit the library when we were in Seattle last too - so you aren't the only nerd! I might get to go back in April and I'm super excited - it's one of my favorite cities! Also, YES, you MUST go to Disney World and Universal so that you can visit Harry Potter World! If you go, have a frozen butter beer, or ten, for me. So, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love Chicago and I have "bean" pictures. It is such a fun time. I have always wanted to do New Orleans and North Carolina... Ahh someday! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same! I love revisiting places I love (Vegas, Orlando) but I also want to travel to new places (Seattle, San Fran). I have been to some places that I don't really remember from my first US trip and want to go back (NOLA). Sigh, if only we had all the money and time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicago is beautifulllll. i want to go back so badly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com