April 30, 2015

A (Re) Introduction...

Happppy Thursday! I've spent over two hours throughout the past few days working on a post that I was going to publish today and then this morning as I was doing some last minute tweaks to it I started having second thoughts and decided that I should save it for a later date (does anyone else do that or is it just me?) So then I was back at square one with no blog content to post. Awesome. I started going through my blogger feed, looking at other posts to read and comment on, when I came upon Janet's post and was introduced to Belinda's blog and her Blog Everyday in May challenge. I participated in Blog Everyday in July last year and I loved having the prompts to help me out, plus the community of other bloggers I was introduced to. In the end I failed at actually posting every day that month - a trip to Vegas messed it up but it was SO worth it. As soon as I found out about this new challenge I knew I would be participating.  Tomorrow is the first day of May (what?!) and the prompt for tomorrow for Belinda's Blog Everyday in May challenge is to simply introduce yourself. However, I already have my April Goals progress/May Goals post ready to go for tomorrow so I decided to go ahead today and do a little re-introduction of myself today

Edited Friday May 1st to add that I just found out today through my friend Laura that there is another blog every day in May 'challenge' happening called Blogger, May I? so I am going to do both of the link-ups, just depending on what each one has for prompts that day. Todays prompt for both 'challenges' is Introduce Yourself so I'm also editing this post to add both buttons below - make sure to check out the link up and take a look around at some new faces and spaces!

My name is Kayla and I live in the Great White North (that's Canada, in case you're confused). Saskatchewan, to be exact - right in the SE corner of the prairies, 20 minutes from the United States border.  I have a fur baby, Krickit, who is turning ONE next Saturday. Krickit and I are currently back living with my parents as I navigate who I am and what I want to do with my life (no easy feat!). I'm (almost) 28 years old though with the braces I got in December I look more like I'm just out of high school, not getting ready for my 10 year high school reunion this Summer. 

I LOVE reading, coffee, Tex-Mex, wine, Sour Patch Kids, traveling, tattoos, and my family and friends. I loathe spiders, mushrooms, cotton balls, and any team other than the SK Roughriders. 

(I did the '4 Things' tag for my Re-Introduction but wasn't actually tagged by anyone, I just thought it would be a good way to get to know a little more about me, and then today Laura actually tagged me in it - I was ahead of the game for once - whoop whoop!)

4 Things People Call Me Other Than My Name
1. Chigle
2. Smay
3. K
4. Chiclet
Chigle is the nickname given to me by my Grandpa - it means 'Cheeky' in Metis. My friends in high school all had nicknames for each other and mine was Chiclet since they could never pronounce Chigle right. Thus the reason my Twitter and IG handles are ChigleChic (in case you've ever wondered)

4 Jobs I've Had
1. Director of two different childcare centres
2. Sales clerk at a clothing store/cell phone store
3. Nanny 
4. Waitress (World's worst waitress right here!)

4 Things I Do NOT Eat
1. Mushrooms
2. Anything that swims
3. Green Onion (but gimme all the other onions)
4. 'Weird' meats (duck, lamb, deer, bison, etc)

4 Places I've Lived
1. O-town, Saskatchewan
2. Estevan, Saskatchewan
3. Medicine Hat, Alberta
4. --- (That will be changing within the next couple of years!)

4 Things I Am Looking Forward to This Year
1. My 'baby' brothers wedding
2. Las Vegas trip to celebrate my sisters 'Dirty Thirty'
3. Krickits FIRST birthday
4. Minneapolis trip to watch my first ever MLB game 

4 Books I Recommend
1. Before I Go To Sleep - SJ Watson
2. The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins
3. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
4. Harry Potter series ( I can't pick just one!) - JK Rowling 

4 Places I Would Rather Be Now
1. New Braunfels, Texas
2. Las Vegas, Nevada
3. NYC, NY
4. The beach (any beach!)

4 Things I Always Say
1. "For sure!"
2. "Sorry!" (It's a Canadian thing...) and "No worries"
3. "Definitely"
4. "Sounds good"

4 Movies I Can Watch Over and Over Again
1. Mean Girls
2. Field of Dreams
3. She's All That
4. Home Alone

4 Television Shows I Love
1. Pretty Little Liars
2. Greys Anatomy
3. How I Met Your Mother
4. Criminal Minds 

4 Places I've Been on Vacation
1. Pennsylvania/NYC
2. Las Vegas
3. Europe
4. Texas

Tracy tagged me on IG earlier in the week to post 10 things about myself - here it is


Thanks for the tag @tracyachangeofpace - you wouldn't believe how long it took me to come up with these 10 things, I've spent more time on this than I did on some of my College papers 😂😂😂 1⃣ My favourite colour is purple (only because black isn't considered a colour) 2⃣ I have 10 tattoos and plans for many, many more 3⃣ I'm allergic to the outdoors, but that will never stop me from enjoying them 4⃣ I got braces at the age of 27 and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made (though they've made me broke as a joke) 5⃣ I once spent over 6+ hours in line of the Gopher Run at the Craven Country Jamboree to get up close for Taylor Swifts headlining performance - it was so worth every minute in line 6⃣ I cry when I'm mad - I can't stop the tears no matter how hard I try 7⃣ I'm a recovering picky eater but I still won't eat anything that swims 🙅 8⃣ When I was 15 I spent 10 days travelling through Italy, Austria, Switzerland and Germany - Venice was my favourite of all our stops 9⃣ My favourite book of all time is To Kill A Mockingbird 🔟 I'm really superstitious yet 13 is my favourite number and I have it tattooed on my body (I won't, however, pick up a spoon if I drop it). Now it's your turn to tell me ten things about YOU @malloryoleshko @lauranicolew @kerrifor @kristiebluejeans
A photo posted by KRMathison (@chiglechic) on

You can also check out my 'Meet K' page for more info all about moi! 

And if you're still looking for more:

Someday I Will...
Never Have I Ever
The Facts of Me
I'm the Kinda Girl Who...
30 Before 30
Reverse Bucket List
28 Before 28
Happy Friday Eve y'all

Found Love. Now What?

#BloggerMayI
 

4 comments:

  1. Your "things I never eat" is actually a list of things I love to eat. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through the blog every day in May link up. Fun fact about me, I actually know where Estevan Saskatchewan is! My husband grew up not far from here in Manitoba.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Great White North is my favorite phrase for a place and I call where my husband and I live The Great White North of Sweden and always get weird looks from people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what's the actual name of O-town? i always wonder! i'm from Ontario!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com