May 1, 2015

May Goals...

In the intro to my April Goals post I asked if we could just skip over April and go straight to May - and guess what? I think it worked! I say every month that it feels like the month just flew by but for April it was a complete blink and you miss it month. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was at home getting ready to leave for the Twin Cities that night and yet I've been back home for almost two weeks already. Being busy makes the time fly by, that's for sure. Being busy (with work plus life in general) also meant that I didn't accomplish as much as I would have liked to with my April Goals - but I'll let you see my 'progress'

1. Make better use of my time in the mornings
I've gotten a little better but not quite where I'd like to be. Now that I've got things in life a little more organized under control and I'm back to having the entire basement to myself I think I will start getting much better with this

2. Start running again!
Ughh no it STILL hasn't happened. I think I *may* have my SIL and brother convinced to be my running buddies for the next little while until my sister finally gets herself a new pair of shoes. If they actually follow through with saying yes then we are starting on Monday

3. Send out 10 forms of snail mail
I have half written snail mail cards on my desk that I will be completing today and getting to the post office (hopefully) before it closes. Putting actual pen to paper is harder than I thought!

4. 10K steps per day
I was doing really good with this before our Twin Cities trip and then it took me about two weeks to recover from the whirlwind weekend plus the lack of sleep following getting home so late from the trip after our tire mishap. There were actually only 10 days in May that I made my step goal - crazy considering before I went to the Twin Cities I had no problem hitting that amount each day. Yesterday I put in a solid 14,751 steps with all the cleaning and organizing I was doing - I'll take it!

5. Read two books off the 2015 Reading Challenge
Done. I re-read Before I Go To Sleep by SJ Watson  - SO good y'all! I read it once for a book club that I was in and I finally re downloaded on it my Nook last weekend to re-read. It was made into a movie starring Nicole Kidman - I haven't seen it yet but would definitely like to.  And I also finished reading Yes Please by Amy Poehler (my bff). Brooklyn recommended that I listen to the audiobook - I've never listened to an audiobook but she suggested doing it while running which is pretty much the greatest idea ever. If you listen to audiobooks what do you think is the best way? Please help!

6. Do yoga 4 x per week with my Yoga Studio app
Done! I'm loving the app so much! And now that I have  my old (and much bigger) bedroom again it will make things even easier 

7. Start another round of the Whole30
Yes! Started another round on April 20th so this is now Day 12 and so far it is going great! Other than the fact that is has been gorgeous around here lately and I could really go for a beer on the deck...

8. Complete 5 things off my Spring Bucket List 
Spring clean - It feels so good to be getting this done. I've been purging things that I've held onto for years that had no actual purpose. I finally switched bedrooms and cleaned up the basement - I even washed walls! 
Make Snickers Caramel Apple Pie for Easter supper - Done! I don't think I'll make it again though. I had seen it on Pinterest and it seemed like a great dessert but we didn't love it
Make Spring cookies - Done! 
Complete a Spring photo challenge - Done! Yesterday was the last day of #30PhotosinBetween - I may have started a few days late but I caught up and posted 30 photos following the prompts. Now I start #20HappyDaysinMay with The Daily Tay today. Follow along on IG - ChigleChic
Make a carrot cake - Done! And it was sooo delish

9. Complete 5 things off my 28 Before 28 List
Completed one and halfway through another. I got to start kicking this into high gear - only a little under 3 months left  - yikes!

10. Get a massage (not counting the one from April 1st)
Didn't get done but since I got one on the first of April it's not so bad. I'm going to call this afternoon to make an appointment for one in May though. I get them for free through my benefits for work so I need to actually do it!
1. Send out 5 forms of snail mail (not counting April's that will be going out today)
If I have the time today I may just finish up April's and then do May's in the same swoop so that it can be over and done with and I won't forget about it until the very last minute like I usually do 

2. Green every day in May 
I want to make my FitBit step count light up green every single day in May, hitting 10K steps per day

3. Read three more books off the 2015 Reading Challenge
I'm going to aim to start crossing these off in order on the list so I don't miss any - since I already read a book that became a movie this month I will be striving to read a book with more than 500 pages, a classic romance (I have Pride and Prejudiced downloaded on my Nook just waiting for me to have some spare time - I can't believe I've never read it!), and a book published this year

4. Complete five more things off my Spring Bucket List
Less than 2 months of Spring left and 19 things left to cross off so I'm hoping I'll get even more than 5 accomplished

5. Complete five things off my 28 Before 28 list
I know I've mentioned this a zillion times already but this Summer is crazy, insanely (but awesomely) busy. My birthday is towards the end of July and there isn't going to be a whole lot of extra time to complete my list so I need to get going on it before the madness begins!

6. Complete one thing off of my 30 Before 30 list
So far I've only crossed 4 things off the list so I need to start making myself work towards these items - I only have a little over 2 years to go...

7. Finish setting up my blogging/writing space
I'm so close to finally being able to enjoy the space and show it off - the perfect chair is still being super elusive but I think a trip to Target in Minot may be just what I need

8. Send a care package/baby gift to my College BFF
My College BFF Marissa had a baby girl on April 20th and I know that if I don't write it down and set a goal to send out a gift that her daughter will be entering Kindergarten before it finally gets in the mail. Just ask my friend Quinn  - it took 9 months before I finally got her son his gift and I finally just had to do it in person

9. Be intentional with Social Media 
I spent a lot of time on social media - I'm the first to admit that. However, I usually just scroll through and rarely take the time to comment, 'like' things, or even post my own content. I want to be more intentional with it this month

10. Blog every day in May
Yes, you read that right. The girl who only posted 7 times in all of April is planning on blogging every single day in May (I love that that rhymes). Yesterday Janet introduced me to Belinda's blog and she is hosting Blog Every Day in May and then today Laura posted about doing Blogger, May I with Angelica, Meghan, and Katy so between the two different link ups and all of the prompts I should be golden!

What are YOUR goals for May?

4 comments:

  1. ohhh more prompts! that's good. having options is always good.

    And kudos to you for getting through the Whole30. I think I love mcdonalds too much for that hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So excited to see you blog every day in May. It's not an easy task, I know! I tried it in October and was SO glad to be done with it but also proud of myself for doing it. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Moon Bitcoin you may recieve free satoshis. 290 sat. every 50 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to remember that the best Bitcoin exchange service is YoBit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com