June 25, 2015

10 Reasons I Fail At Being A Blogger...

1| I am terrible at replying to comments in a timely manner. I suck so hard at it. For those of you who comment on a regular basis you would have realized this on Monday when I was finally replying to comments from back in May


2| I can't get on the Nutella bandwagon. I tried Nutella once, over 12 years ago before it was a thing in North America, and hated it. It was the worst part of my European vacation. I can still taste how terrible it was. Is there a support group for tourists forced to eat terrible breakfast spreads?
Source
3| I don't like pumpkin spice anything. And Fall is not my favourite season. I did try a PSL once, because of all the hype from other bloggers, and I had to wash the terrible taste down with my Grande Caramel Macchiato. Now there's a drink I support! 

4| I have no interest in dropping ridiculous amounts of money on pastries. I'm talking about you, macarons. Sure they're pretty. But what do they taste like?! And why are they so expensive?! AND WHY DOESN'T ANYWHERE AROUND HERE SELL THEM BECAUSE I'D REALLY LIKE TO SEE WHAT ALL THE FUSS IS ABOUT SO I CAN ACTUALLY RELAY HOW RIDICULOUS THEY ARE

5| I refuse (at this point) to pay money to a social media management company to schedule tweets so most often I forget to link any posts I've actually published to Twitter. My bad...

6| Most of my posts end up in list form. I have so many jumbled thoughts in my head that if I were to write out paragraphs every post would end up the length of a novel. You're welcome, readers

7|  I've never seen a full episode of Orange is the New Black or listened to a podcast (ie: Serial). Not really interested either #sorryimnotsorry

8| I don't have a fancy DSLR camera (though I do want one...) to take fancy photos for my blog. Instead, all photos on KUWK are taken on my trusty iPhone 4S. And I'd rather pull out all my eyelashes than spend hours editing photos for the blog so most of the time they are unedited

9| You couldn't pay me a million dollars to advertise femine products on my blog. Or to use the words panties in a post (oops, I guess I just did). I mean, if someone wanted to pay me to drink wine and then blog about it I'm all for it. But I draw the line at posting about my period 

10| I don't schedule any posts in advance or own a fancy schedule, like an Erin Condren planner or a Whitney English Day Designer. I usually come up with a post idea as I sit in front of a blank screen the night before I plan on posting or on my lunch break the day of. And when an idea for a post comes to me I just write it in the notes app on my iPhone and then usually forget all about it

Also, I've had this post half finished in my drafts folder for at least a year now....

4 comments:

  1. Oh god I can't use a planner. I tried again recently...I couldn't make myself use it so I won't be doing that again. If I know what I want to do for a post one day I just write the title in and set the date so I'll remember to write it. I do like writing them in advance sometimes. I've never listened to a podcast and I have no interest either. I HATE pumpkin spice lattes! HATE HATE HATE. But I like pumpkin spice baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAHHHHHHH, if I see ONE more post about tampons or p-a-n-t-y liners I may scream.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Collection Tenpercents Robe de Mariée 2015 | Tenpercents
    http://www.robesdemariee2013.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. macarons are so overrated
    cute, and super hard to make, but they do NOT taste great

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com