July 30, 2015

Balance...

Source
Look who showed up for class today! Late, as per usual, but I'm here so that's all that counts. I fell off the blogging wagon for awhile. And I don't feel an ounce of guilt about not publishing a post that entire time (like I normally would). I needed the blog break for my personal well being. I have a lot on my plate this summer, with MOH duties for my brother's wedding, things happening within my family that I'm not quite ready to talk about, a whirlwind trip to Vegas (that I'm still recovering from...) and just regular summer busy-ness that has drained every last ounce of my energy. I was trying to balance everything and I felt like I had the weight of the whole world on my shoulders. I was spiraling into a place I didn't want to be and I had to start taking things off of my to do list to balance out my life and blogging was one of the first things to go

Source
As part of my monthly goals for July I wanted to blog every weekday in July. I was doing pretty well... until I wasn't. When the thought of sitting down to write a post gave me anxiety I knew that it was time for a complete break. No post about why I wouldn't be showing up around here, just a complete break for a couple weeks to clear my mind so I'd be able to come back to this space when I was ready and be able to enjoy it again. When your to do list is already a mile long and there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done you have to take a good look at what's going on and see where you can make adjustments to take some of weight off your shoulders. I was trying to fit in blogging during time that I should have been just enjoying the summer with my family, or sleeping, or exercising to get those good endorphins, and it just wasn't working for me anymore

Source
For over a month now I haven't been the kind of blogger that I set out to be. Whether I'm writing or not I'm still checking in a couple times a week to catch up on my favourite blogs, but  I haven't been commenting, which is breaking the cardinal rule of blogging (IMO). I miss the connections with other bloggers that are forged when I'm posting and people are commenting, and when I'm commeting on others blogs. Even after almost three years of this blogging thing I'm still struggling to find where I fit into this blogging world. Maybe one day I'll figure it out, but for right now I just want to be able to enjoy the ride again

I needed some ME time to reset and recharge and I'm slowly getting there. The planning for bridal shower and stagette activities are over, the events are over, the vacations are over (unfortunately), and August is right around the corner and its a completely NEW month. I'm excited for where its going to take me! The countdown for the wedding is on, only 16 more days!

I'm not saying that I will be coming here every single day - considering my track record thats just laughable - but I feel so much more carefree as July comes to an end, my shoulders don't seem so heavy, and I'm feeling the itch to get back here more often. I have lots to update on the blog -  #KelsFinalFiesta, trips to Minneapolis and Vegas, Kels' bridal shower, etc. PLUS  I also have my birthday giveway to hold (better late than never)!

Source

4 comments:

  1. Girl, I feel you. It felt tough for me to even show up once a week in July, let alone at all. Fingers crossed August is better! Hope your mini break helped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. I never know where I fit in with blogging either. I never know how much to write, how personal to get etc. It's a fine line. Honestly, sometimes you are kind of my blog inspiration. You post frequently and are always up beat and positive. I love it! Hope you enjoyed your break. Everyone needs one sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no way I could be planning all the stuff you've been planning and blogging at the same time! Much better to take a break and not stress out. I'm sure I'll be taking tons of time off from blogging around my wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a busy gal out living life and it's okay that blogging takes a backseat sometimes. We love hearing about your life, but don't expect you to show up if/when you don't want to! :) We'll be here to read and follow along anytime you blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com