July 2, 2015

July Goals...

Hellllo July - my favourite month of the year. It took you long enough to get here, I've been waiting all year for you! What's so great about July you ask? It's my birthday month! Only 22 more days until I'm the big 2-8 (eeek!). Aaand only 19 days until my sister turns the Dirty Thirty. It's also the month of Kels' stagette, VEGAS, and Kels' bridal shower. It's going to be a busy month for sure but I'm embracing it. Since I've got lots going on and lots to get done I'm going to get straight to it - June Goals progress and my goals for July

June Goals Progress

1. Send out snail mail to my Pocket Letter ladies
Who knew creating these Pocket Letters would be so hard?! I've been struggling with my creativity so they've been sitting half finished on my desk since the beginning of June. I WILL get them in the mail today though!

2. Complete my Spring Bucket List
Yeah... So... I only managed to complete 5 things in TOTAL off of my Spring Bucket list. Major fail 

3. Create my Summer Bucket List
DONE! You can check out what I plan on crossing off this Summer here

4. Complete 10 things off my 28 Before 28 list
Nope. That just means I have even more things to do this month. Awesome...

5. Blog at least 13 times in June
I had such good intentions y'all! I've got lots of post ideas ready and I only needed to post on Monday and Tuesday of this week to make my goal but I started my weeklong vacation on Monday and other things took precedent. 11 times isn't so bad though, considering how terrible I was doing before June. I'll still take it!

6. Complete 10K steps every weekday
Whooo! Even if it meant walking laps around the house until I hit those steps I made it happen. I credit a lot of the weight I've lost to my FitBit just making sure that I'm active each day. I love my FitBit so much!

7. Complete two things off my 30 Before 30 list
Again, didn't happen. But I also kind of completely forgot this was one of my goals for June so I wasn't even thinking about my list last month - whoops! Good thing I've still got two years for this one

8. Finish 5 sewing projects
Still completely taking over my parents dining room with half finished projects. Kels and I both said at the beginning of the week how bad we feel for neglecting our poor sewing machines 

9. Get started on my blog redesign
Definitely didn't happen :( I haven't had much extra time to think about what I want so I can give Erin an idea of what I'm looking for so I think this may have to wait until August now because July is craaaazy enough as it is 

10. Enjoy a 'stay'cation
Currently in the process of enjoying my 'stay'cation. Though there hasn't been much relaxing happening so since I still have so many vacation days left I'm thinking another week off in August is in my future


1. Complete 14 items off of my Summer Bucket List
There are 28 items on my list, and since I don't count September as really being Summer I figure that I should knock off half in July and the rest in August - wish me luck! 

2. Host Kels' stagette and bridal shower
I'm throwing a freebie in here - this is obviously going to get crossed off because it has to get done

3. Get rid of my tan lines in preparation for the wedding
Oooh boy this is quite the task. I have about three different tan lines going on at the moment and need to completely get rid of them. Considering I only own one item that is strapless in my entire wardrobe this is not going to be easy. There's always a spray tan as back up...

4. Cross two items off of my 30 Before 30 list
I have completely failed at checking items off my 30 Before 30 list. I fear that it will be a month before my 30th and I'll be scrambling to get things done. So instead, I'm going to try and slowly get these things crossed off my list. I've got a little over 2 years to go and lots to get done!

5. Read three (of the 7) books sitting on my nightstand
Bonus points if I actually get through all seven. And the Harry Potter series isn't counted in that number either... I normally am an avid reader but life has just been craaazy lately that I start a book and fall asleep within two seconds

6. 10K steps per day 5 days out of the week 

7. Work out with Jillian Michaels 5 days per week 
I just started 6 Week 6 Pack yesterday - my whole body is protesting it today but its actually a really good workout and I'm excited to see where I'll be in 6 weeks! 

8. Cross every item off of my 28 Before 28 list and create my 29 Before 29 list
Not an easy task considering I've hardly crossed anything off and I'm on a tight budget this month with Vegas coming up and two parties to host. I didn't create my 28 Before 28 list until 6 months before my 28th birthday so this year I'm going to give myself a whole year to start crossing off my 29 things!

9. Take Krickit for a morning walk at least three mornings a week 
We've been going for more nightly walks lately and I'd much rather make better use of my time in the mornings and get our walks out of the way so I can concentrate on other things that need to get done once I'm off work

10. Hold a couple of giveaways on the blog 
One of those giveaways, a Canada themed giveaway in honour of Canada's birthday, is coming at you tomorrow and the other will be closer to the end of July in honour of MY birthday. I love giving gifts so when better than around my own birthday! Make sure you check back for them! 

What are YOUR July goals?

3 comments:

  1. My Fitbit is so great...and then I lost it. BOO. It's somewhere in my apartment and I need to find it! I really want to do 10K steps 5 days a week as a goal next month, but I can't if I don't have my Fitbit to track them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Free Bitcoin you may claim free satoshis. 8 to 22 satoshis every 5 mins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get FREE satoshis at Moon Bitcoin. 163 satoshis every 1 hour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com