September 16, 2015

Catching Up...

Happy Humpday y'all! I've been away for far too long and as soon as I got out of my bed this morning it was like a lightbulb went off in my head and I had a feeling of needing to come back to this space of mine so I ran with it! I'm going to ease myself back into this and fill y'all in on what I've been up to during my 'absence':

1| Re-orgazing/de-cluttering and trying to turn my bedroom into a cozy space. Each paycheque from my second job I plan to purchase one item off of my 'Wants' list for my bedroom re-design. So far I have purchased a white bookshelf from Target (in love with it!) and a white ladder shelf from Canadian Tire that I got at 85% off!. Up next on the list is a new tv (I'm still using the 19" tv/vcr combo that I got for Christmas before I was even a teenager), a comfy chair for my desk, a new comforter set, a tv stand, a white dresser, a headboard, and a white nightstand. I obviously already have most of these things, but they are outdated and I want everything to match. I figure that I should slowly buy the things I will need now so that when I finally purchase a house (hopefully next Spring/Fall!) I won't have the additional costs of having to furnish the entire thing at once. Check out my Bedroom Inspiration board on Pinterest to see the vibe I am going for.

2Working on my Fall Bucket List. Check back next Wednesday, the first dall of Fall, to see what I plan to accomplish! Just don't ask how crossing things off my Summer Bucket List is going.... 

source
3Celebrating September birthdays. Rae turned NINE yesterday and Graycie turns FIVE on Monday. I asked Rae after school yesterday if she felt older and she replied 'No, but I feel taller!'. I almost died from laughing. I haven't been anywhere lately to buy her anything and though I like the idea of giving her money to buy whatever she wants on our next trip to Minneapolis its just not that much fun to open just cards so after work yesterday I bought a box of Halloween candy and wrapped that up with her birthday money. She was more excited about the candy I think!

source
4Practicing with my new camera. My friend Taigan is a professional photographer and she gave me a lens to borrow to play around with so I've been taking pictures of everything. Though I still don't know how to work over half the features on my camera... But I will learn!

5Working two jobs. I'm a month in to my second job and I am LOVING it - it is so different from my full time job but in a good way. I've been in my career for almost 8 years now so having a job where I'm still learning is so new to me, but in a good way. The extra income doesn't hurt either...

source
6Eating all.the.things. Like its my (third) job. Anyone want to get married within the next 6 months and appoint me as your MOH so I can have some motivation back? Anyone? Bueller? I'm the MOH in my friend Nikki's wedding next October and apparently its not soon enough to get any of my motivation back

source
7Cancelling yet another credit card due to fraud. Back in the Spring my credit card had fraud on it, for an amount less than $10, and I had to cancel that card and then make a bunch of arrangements to transfer everything over to my Global Payments card, which is a credit card that works like a debit card and takes the money straight out of my chequing account. It was such a hassle and sooo annoying to have to do. Then on Monday I got a call from my credit union that my Global Payment card had been flagged and though there weren't any purchases made on it someone had access to it so it would need to be cancelled. So I once again have to make a bunch of calls/arrangements to change everything back over to my credit card until a new Global Payments card is issued to me, at which point I'll have to call everyone again to change everything back to my Global Payments card. The hassle of this all just makes me want to just keep my money underneath my mattress! 

source
8| Budgeting like crazy. I have a budget worked out until next December, though it will hopefully change around next Summer since I would really like to have a house by then (which will then entail mortgage payments being worked into my budget). 

It's already halfway through September y'all and I cannot believe it! Though I hope the rest of the cooler months just fly by this fast too so it will be Spring again before I know it. The Winter Blues are so real around these parts and they have already creeped into my mind a little bit! Yikes!

I'm about a month behind on replying to blog comments - so terrible, I know! I've also been going through spurts of finally catching up on blog reading and leaving ten million comments at once. Sorry for that y'all. I'm hoping that the lighbulb moment that I had this morning means I'm ready to come back to this space full time and get back at reading blogs on a consistent basis - wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I've been de-cluttering and figuring out furniture pieces we're going to give away or sell before we move out of our apartment in November, and then figuring out what I'm going to buy to replace those things. :) How do I find you on Fitbit?! I only know your first name. Or you can search Mattie Roush and I think I should come up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. What a busy few weeks! I can't wait to see your Fall Bucket List. I've been working on one with my roommate for a few days now.

    What a pain about the credit card. Ugh. I hope you stop getting hit with fraudu lent charges. Such a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. What a busy few weeks! I can't wait to see your Fall Bucket List. I've been working on one with my roommate for a few days now.

    What a pain about the credit card. Ugh. I hope you stop getting hit with fraudu lent charges. Such a hassle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com