October 27, 2015

Burnt Out...

For the last 7 years, ever since I convocated College,  I have worked jobs that didn't require work on weekends, aside from the weekend conference here or there. Then in August of this year I started a part time job where I work every Sunday in 'the city', a 45 minute drive from O-town. It was necessary for me financially at this time (because budget y'all) and I LOVE my jobs but I've just been feeling a little burnt out lately with only one day off every week. I know that I shouldn't complain because there are lots of people who don't get any days off throughout the week but I was so used to always having my weekends free and then all of a sudden I only have Saturdays to get everything accomplished and it makes my head spin a little bit when I think about everything that needs to get done in that one day. 

I have a to do list at home a mile long that just isn't getting accomplished and I have a lot on my plate at work at this time of year and things just keep coming up that require me to put my work to the side to take on other duties and my anxiety over not getting these things crossed off the list both at home and at work is super high. 

When I do start feeling burnt out its so hard to get any motivation going. It's dark when I leave my house for work in the morning, which makes getting out of bed as early as I did during the Spring/Summer way too difficult, and its dark about an hour after I get home from work and most nights I'm ready for bed by 7:30 because of how dark it is outside. I obviously have time at nights to be getting things done around the house but the motivation just isn't there right now and I just don't know how to find it!

Things I should be doing

Running on my new treadmill
Scheduling blog posts
Getting started on Helene's Quit Your Job to Blog course
Organizing the laundry basket full of junk that's been on the floor of my bedroom since August
Uploading pictures from my iPhone and DSLR to my laptop and ordering prints 
Meal planning 
Getting started on Christmas shopping
Crossing things off of my October Goals
Replying to blog comments (I'm terrible y'all)
Playing catch up and commenting on blog posts 
Decorating for Halloween
Taking Krickit for morning walks before it snows and we don't get to anymore
Yoga to centre myself

What I've actually been doing

Binge watching episodes of Once Upon a Time on Netflix
Eating all the Halloween candy in my house
Eating Pop Tarts for supper
Budgeting, budgeting, budgeting
Counting down the days until April when the 2016 MLB season starts
Going back and forth on what I should be for Halloween. Right now its between Robin Sparkles from HIMYM and Karen from Mean Girls (as a mouse, duh)
Falling asleep at 9 pm with all the lights on, with my contacts in and the tv still going, while Krickit is still upstairs 
Only leaving my house when absolutely necessary
Thinking up Halloween costumes for my nieces
Drinking all.the.caffeine
Writing blog posts last minute

source
I'm hoping that a night out with friends this weekend combined with my love of Halloween can also help me out of the funk that I've been in. A group of friends and I have started a monthly Wine Club and our very first get together is on Saturday, on Halloween and I'm SO excited for it! I also have my earned day off of work this Thursday (though I do have to work in 'the city' in the afternoon) and I'm hoping for some productivity to get a bunch of things crossed off my list!

What do you do when your feeling burnt out? 
And what should I be for Halloween?!

7 comments:

  1. I feel you on this....I feel burnt out being at home with my daughter all the time. I know that so many moms would KILL to have the chance to be home with their kiddos all the time but there are days when I just need time for myself you know?

    However the fact that you are budgeting and working so hard is awesome! The other things will get done in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I'm amazed at all you do. I've thought about getting a second job recently and it almost makes me want to cry because I feel like I have so little free time as it is, adding a job would mean I have zero of it! I haven't even started Helene's course either, which maybe would solve my money problems, but when I get home from work and it's dark I'm like you and just want to go to bed. Dang this winter is coming thing. I hope the fun weekend pulls you out of your funk! Maybe mine will too although I'm not a huge fan of Halloween....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things you're doing are waaay more fun than the things on your to-do list! Ha! But I'm with Laura, you do so much! Two jobs, being a dog mom, budgeting, blogging (even if you aren't scheduling posts as much as you want to!) and everything else you do...that's a lot!! I love both of your costume ideas. You can't go wrong with either!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally feel you on this! I have been contemplating a second job for a few months now and I just don't know if I can do it. On one hand I would be out of debt a lot sooner, on the other I think I need those two days. I guess my budget for travel will continue to suffer until I am out of debt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally feel you on this! I have been contemplating a second job for a few months now and I just don't know if I can do it. On one hand I would be out of debt a lot sooner, on the other I think I need those two days. I guess my budget for travel will continue to suffer until I am out of debt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh that sucks girl. from my very first job at 15 to january last year, i worked weekends. haha. sometimes every weekend, all weekend, sometimes just saturday mornings. but either way, it's such a weird feeling to have weekends off and i love it. i don't think i could ever go back! i'm sorry you are feeling burned out, a night out with friends should definitely help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So what did uou decide to be for Halloween? ;)

    Ugh. Burnt out is definitely a feeling I know well. I'm sorry you've been feeling it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com