October 12, 2015

I'm Thankful For Wine...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the GWN! My long weekend has consisted of rewatching all the Scream movies, eating my weight in turkey and all the fixings, trying out some makeup tutorials on YouTube, watching the Blue Jays beat the Rangers, and even a little time spent at work. 

My brother had the great idea for us to do a shot every time the Blue Jays scored a run during the game last night. Kelsey always says that Kenton and I are a bad combo and shouldn't be allowed to make decisions together. She's usually right. A word of advice: don't ever do shots of Root Beer Schnapps that have been in your fridge for at least 5 years. Just don't... Also, don't ever play this kind of drinking game ever. There might be three run home-run that will have you doing three shots in a row and that is just never fun the morning after...

I am thankful for the Blue Jays win, keeping them alive in the playoffs, just not so thankful for the stomache ache I still have from mixing four different kinds of alcohols for said shots. There's NO way that I'm going to play that game again today - I'm hoping for even more than 5 runs from the Jays during today's game and my stomach (and liver) couldn't handle even one more shot. 

Before the game this afternoon I'm going to make some Turkey Noodle Soup and Turkey Fried Rice with the leftover turkey (so.much.turkey!) and then relax with some wine while I watch the game. I love long weekends!

source
Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

  1. I don't think root beer schnapps is ever a good idea... Actually no schnapps is a good idea. Wine, now that is always a lovely thought, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. turkey fried rice?! yummmmmm.
    that drinking game legit sounds horrible. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous you already got to have Thanksgiving. Also it cracked me up that you were taking rootbeer schnapps shots - I mean is that even a thing? The only time I've had rootbeer schnapps was for "rootbeer barrels" in which you drop the shot of schnapps in half a beer and jug it (tastes just like rootbeer!). I can't imaging shooting it straight though, or during every run... I may be throwing up in my mouth a little...although that might be the leftovers of my weekend too. Hope you had a great Turkey Day!!! And you start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a pretty great Thanksgiving! And I've never tried Root Beer Schnapps.... Is it any good? Even aged 5 years? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving despite the Root Beer Schnapps aged 5 years ;) Mmm. Turkey. I can't wait for Thanksgiving hear in the states and all that turkey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com