November 20, 2015

Currently (November 2015)...

Currently its November 20th and there is NO SNOW on the ground! That never happens. There is usually snow on the ground by Halloween so I am LOVING this. What I'm not loving, however, is the temperatures that feel like -20. No thank you! A winter storm blew in on Wednesday, bringing winds of up to 106 km/hr - it was insane. I've never experienced winds that crazy before. I was supposed to head to the Queen City on Wednesday for my orthodontist appointment but my parents talked me out of going because of the weather mans prediction that road conditions were going to be terrible. It was freezing rain in O-town Wednesday morning and everything was covered in ice so I took their advice and didn't go. Only for the terrible winds to be the only thing that happened - the roads were fine. Now I have to attempt another trip to Regina in two weeks and I'm just praying that the weather will stay good for it. Have I mentioned how much I despise Winter?! 

Anywhoodle, I love doing these 'Currently' posts every month so I can look back and see what I was up to.  Somehow I missed doing one last month - whoops! Each month it seems like I'm up to something completely different than the previous month. 

Currently...

Reading Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling. My sister binge watched The Office on Netflix, realized how great Mindy Kaling is, and decided to buy all her books. She passed her first book off to me as soon as she was finished. I also have about 8 other books in my reading pile and I'm hoping to get at least four of them finished this weekend

Listening to Chris Stapleton/Justin Timberlake's duet of Tennessee Whiskey from the CMA's - I'm obsessed. And of course, all the Christmas music (obviously)
source
Said no one EVER!

Celebrating the month of November? Thanksgiving is already over and done with for us here in the GWN so there's not much to celebrate in November. Just Santa's upcoming visit I suppose haha

Enjoying crossing things off of my to-do lists. Things are finally happening around here that have needed to for sooooo long. I found some motivation and it still hasn't left me (thank goodness!) I just hope its hear to stay! Those Winter Blues can creep up on me real fast

Waiting for Christmas to hurry up and get here. Though I know as soon as it does get here I'll be a sad panda that I have to wait an entire year for it to come back again. The struggle is real

Loving seeing all the Christmas lights everywhere and the pictures of everyone's Christmas tree's and decorations all over IG and FB. My Christmas decorating is going to get finished this weekend!

Working my way through the Quit Your Job to Blog course and also working on a million different blog posts - my draft folder is so full right now. There's lots coming up on this little space of mine and I'm really excited about it!

Wearing the new clothes that I bought while in Winnipeg and desperately needed. I now have more than three pairs of pants y'all! Though a couple of the shirts I bought are hand wash/dry clean only (eye roll) and that just annoys me

Anticipating Christmas and everything that comes along with it. Christmas parties, cookie swaps, etc. This is my happy time!

Planning Wine Club's Christmas Party. Ugly Christmas Sweaters, a Photo Booth complete with Christmas props, Holiday Sangria, and a Jello shot Christmas tree are just a few of the things I'm planning

Making all.the.things from Pinterest. I love Pinterest even more than ever around the holidays. There are so many great ideas. If only I had them time for them all! 

You can check out my Currently (September 2015) post here

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving all things Christmas too. I'm trying to slow my roll though and enjoy Thanksgiving as well. It's hard when Christmas is everywhere I look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mindy Kaling! Dry clean only clothes are so annoying. I feel like a lot of times I don't check so I buy them and realize later. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mindy Kaling! Have you watched her show The Mindy Project?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book is on my wanna read list too. And to watch the Mindy Project. Only one more week here before I feel free to let Christmas explode in my house and listen to all the music! I'm seriously jealous your Thanksgiving is earlier in the year so that you have extra Christmastime. Fingers crossed for you and the weather. I keep giving my phone the side eye as it shows snowflakes Thursday and Friday this week. Just no please.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com