November 13, 2015

Five on Friday the 13th...

Happy Friday the 13th y'all! The number 13 is my favourite number so Friday the 13th is one of my favourite days! You'd never guess that I'm extremely superstitious considering my love for the number 13. I'm just weird like that. Today is a Friday that feels like a Monday but thank goodness it is actually Friday! I have supper plans with the Beaver Cove crew tonight and then big plans afterwards that include catching up on my reading pile and trying a new wine. I'm so much fun, I know. But enough of about my super exciting Friday (the 13th) night plans - on to my list of Five Things on this Friday the 13th

ONE
It's November 13th and I'm already 25% done my Christmas shopping. That has NEVER happened before. Like, ever. I'm going to a trade show in a neighbouring town tomorrow and I'm hoping to knock a few more things off of my list too. I'm setting a goal to have ALL my Christmas shopping finished by December 13th, before I get busier with my part time job. I may even be an overachiever and have them all wrapped by then - we'll see how ambitious I get

source

This is usually me - but not this year!
TWO 
I LOVE getting Christmas cards around the holidays and I especially love that now its the norm to do cards with photos on them. Each year I get more and more of them and I usually leave them up until at least Valentine's Day. Would it be completely ridiculous if I sent out Christmas cards with a photo of me and Krickit? Don't answer that....

THREE
I'm currently working on a Christmas Gift Guide for the blog and it is pretty much just a Wish List for myself. Which I will most likely end up buying for myself. I have a feeling this is going to be very bad for my budget...

FOUR 
I never thought it would be SO difficult to plan one single day in a month that works for 6 people to all get together but trying to find a night for Wine Club that works for every single person is almost a full time job. We're completely skipping over November's Wine Club and trying to plan December's (my month to host) has been a complete gong show. Why is adult life so busy?!

FIVE
Trying to ignore the leftover Halloween candy has not been going so well for me. At all. I've ate more chocolate (and I don't even like chocolate!) in the the last two weeks than in the last 5 years! Not even kidding. Yesterday I had to finally get it out of my sight - my nieces are really appreciating it and thanked me for giving them all the extra candy. I was off work yesterday and my motivation is still going strong so I completely cleaned out one of the spare bedrooms and turned it into my workout space. I moved my elliptical in there, set up my yoga mat, and moved my old tv into the room as well as my basket of Jillian Michaels dvds and my hand weights. My treadmill wouldn't fit through the doors (boooo) so its still in the family room downstairs but I'm excited to start using the space and get back at it! 
It's not fancy but it works!

What are YOUR plans for Friday the 13th?


5 comments:

  1. 13 is my favorite number too. How random. I think it is because of the letter K, I always the 13th student. I am jealous of your holiday chopping, I am so not there yet. I am working on it though. And don't worry, you will be getting a Christmas card with all of your other snail mail. Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm so impressed with you being 25 percent done with your Christmas shopping! I love getting Christmas cards too!

    By the way, I wanted to answer your Christmas exchange question-you absolutely can join from Canada! We have a few Canada participants already, and I will try to match y'all up so the shipping is cheaper. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought my first couple of Christmas Gifts today. I figure I'll be shopping on Christmas Eve at the rate I'm going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhhh no it wouldnt be weird to send out christmas cards like that. every year i send one out with me and my puppers on it :)
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com